Views
Helpful
Replies

Time based IVR in UCCX

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have UCCX 9.0, I need to have time based IVR script, for example from 9.00am to 5.00pm seperate ivr (play prompt), from 5.01pm to 8:59am another ivr (play prompt) ,

Please help to deploy these kind of senario

Regds

$

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Option 1: Time of Day Prompt           

Time of Day Prompt

A time of day prompt contains multiple prompts each qualified with a particular time of the day. When queued up for playback, a time of day prompt evaluates the current time of the day and queues up a single prompt from its list. The prompt selected is based on a time range starting at the time specified until the time specified by the subsequent prompt in time or until the end of the day if this is the last prompt.

The order of the operands is not important in determining the beginning or end of a range. The expression parser puts them back in the proper chronological order based on the specified time of day used when qualifying each one of the prompt operands.

For example, the prompt expression:

P[P2] @ T[11:58 PM] || P[P1] @ T[10:59 AM] || P[] @ T[1:00 PM]

means that from the beginning of the day until 10:58:59 AM nothing is played back, from 10:59:00 AM until 12:59:59 PM, P[P1]is played back, from 1:00:00 PM until 11:57:00PM, nothing is played back, and from 11:58:00 PM until the end of the day, P[P2] is played back.

Source: UCCX Help Document

For your scenario, this should work (untested):

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[IVR2] @ T[12:00 AM] || P[IVR1] @ T[9:00 AM] || P[IVR2] @ T[5:01 PM])

If you wanted to, you could specify down to the second, but not any further (I.e., millisecond).

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[IVR2] @ T[12:00:00 AM] || P[IVR1] @ T[9:00:00 AM] || P[IVR2] @ T[5:00:01 PM])

Option 2: Time of Day step with two Play Prompts

Option 1 has less steps and gives you more control over the times, but might be more obscure to the average UCCX administrator.  Option 2 uses two very common steps, and therefore easier to administer, but comes with more weight on the system: size and step execution, and less control over the times: 15 minute intervals.

EDIT: I just realized the syntax for qualifying a Time variable with a TimeZone does not work in Option one.  I'll check on that.  In the meantime, if you need TimeZone support, go with Option 2.

EDIT: I overlooked the most obvious answer.  Here's an example for Option 1 which sets the timezone.

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[IVR2] @ T[12:00 AM CST] || P[IVR1] @ T[9:00 AM CST] || P[IVR2] @ T[5:01 PM CST])

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Option 1: Time of Day Prompt           

Time of Day Prompt

A time of day prompt contains multiple prompts each qualified with a particular time of the day. When queued up for playback, a time of day prompt evaluates the current time of the day and queues up a single prompt from its list. The prompt selected is based on a time range starting at the time specified until the time specified by the subsequent prompt in time or until the end of the day if this is the last prompt.

The order of the operands is not important in determining the beginning or end of a range. The expression parser puts them back in the proper chronological order based on the specified time of day used when qualifying each one of the prompt operands.

For example, the prompt expression:

P[P2] @ T[11:58 PM] || P[P1] @ T[10:59 AM] || P[] @ T[1:00 PM]

means that from the beginning of the day until 10:58:59 AM nothing is played back, from 10:59:00 AM until 12:59:59 PM, P[P1]is played back, from 1:00:00 PM until 11:57:00PM, nothing is played back, and from 11:58:00 PM until the end of the day, P[P2] is played back.

Source: UCCX Help Document

For your scenario, this should work (untested):

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[IVR2] @ T[12:00 AM] || P[IVR1] @ T[9:00 AM] || P[IVR2] @ T[5:01 PM])

If you wanted to, you could specify down to the second, but not any further (I.e., millisecond).

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[IVR2] @ T[12:00:00 AM] || P[IVR1] @ T[9:00:00 AM] || P[IVR2] @ T[5:00:01 PM])

Option 2: Time of Day step with two Play Prompts

Option 1 has less steps and gives you more control over the times, but might be more obscure to the average UCCX administrator.  Option 2 uses two very common steps, and therefore easier to administer, but comes with more weight on the system: size and step execution, and less control over the times: 15 minute intervals.

EDIT: I just realized the syntax for qualifying a Time variable with a TimeZone does not work in Option one.  I'll check on that.  In the meantime, if you need TimeZone support, go with Option 2.

EDIT: I overlooked the most obvious answer.  Here's an example for Option 1 which sets the timezone.

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[IVR2] @ T[12:00 AM CST] || P[IVR1] @ T[9:00 AM CST] || P[IVR2] @ T[5:01 PM CST])

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi All

Thanks for the all suport, this works great!

Regds

$

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: