Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Time Based UCCX Trigger

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to trigger a UCCX script based on a particular date/time or at a particular interval (equivalent to the Linux service CRON). I am able to achieve this using an external mechanism (ie using a time based HTTP POST request) but I would prefer to keep the process local to the UCCX server itself.

It is perfectly fine on UCCX 7 as this is a windows platform and 3rd part applications, although not supported, can be executed on the server. UCCX 8 on the other hand is now an appliance and therefore cannot have any 3rd party tools installed.

This feature is available in ICM and I don't see why it couldn't be added into the UCCX suite. The UCCX 8 systems already have time based execution (used by the Backup and Restore service), so having a additional time based trigger would add a heap more benefits. And being a Linux appliance

My reasoning is exactly the same as those used in UCCE in that using a time based trigger to perform specific tasks. For example cleaning up tasks, archiving/changing prompts automatically...and the list goes on.

If someone is aware of how to achieve this functionality with the current UCCX 8 release I'd love to hear your thoughts.

If not, could someone please let me know how I can advise Cisco developers of my suggestion to see if it can be included in future releases as I have numerous clients that have no interest in going to UCCX 8 from UCCX 5/7 due to this fact entirely.

Thankyou for your help.

Kind Regards,

Ben De Longis

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: Time Based UCCX Trigger

Hi

As far as I'm aware there's no real way of doing this...

As you've suggested, you can schedule tasks to run a curl or similar to trigger something via HTTP.

I guess in 8 you could use an agent workflow (at login, or I seem to recall there are now time of day related workflows in UCCX7) to either make a call to a trigger or http to a trigger... not tried that though.

For something more reliable I guess you'd have to submit an Enhancement/Feature Request via your Cisco account team.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: Time Based UCCX Trigger

I wouldn't do it at the agent level, because that is not contained within the server environment.

Base it off of calls coming in.  Every call that comes in is a gust of wind, spinning your windmill, kind of thing.

Just keep the code tight, so it's never able to run more than one instance at a time.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies