cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time schedule

Marco Villani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my customer  after every holiday he wants to open earlier and close later, I was trying to accomplish this copying the same steps as the holiday schedule Just using a different XML doc. when i test the script i get exception -1 error. does anybody know what this is. also does anybody have a different way to accomplish this or a way so customer can change the business hours without messing with the script.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I normally use a variable which can have three values:

• Open
  • Closed
  • Calendar

This variable is checked by the script when a call arrives and routed to the appropriate branch. Open and Closed should be self-explanatory. Calendar uses the holiday.xml script to check for holidays then uses day of week and time of day steps to route calls.

I write an admin script which allows the callcenter manager to change the variable above. When they want to close early they just set it to closed using the IVR, if they want to open late the set it to open. Most of the time it uses the calendar setting.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: