cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time synchronization in UCCX 7.0 setup

rehan_uet
Level 1
Level 1

We have UCCX 7.0 setup in HA along with CCM 7.0 in HA, the CCM Publisher is acting as NTP servr for all other servers. The CCM Publisher time is 20 minutes ahead of the standard time and same is the case with rest of the servers. Theoratically if wee'll change the time on Publisher then all the others servers should synchronize with it. Untill the servers don't synchronize agents would not be able to login back. What is the best way to make the synchronization time as minimum as possible.

We are using mobility in our setup and mobility service is running on the Sucriber CCM.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to sync your CUCM Publisher of off accurate NTP source, either use another network device that is synching from public source or point CUCM directly to public source, you can google for public NTP sources. Also, before you point to the source you will need to manaully make the time as close to real time as possible as NTP is not going to sync if it is off by too much.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris thanks for your reply.

I'll synchronize the Publisher with external NTP to accurate the time or I'll manully change the time on Publisher but the point is how to manage the quick synchronization of Sbucriber & UCCX servers with Publisher to minimize the downtime.

I think manually changing the time on servers to make it as closer as possible to Publisher can make the quick synchronization. I can change the time manually on on UCCX servers (windows based) but how to change the time on the Subcriber. 

Correct, simply adjust the time manually on the Publisher for quickest change, keep in mind though once you sync with external NTP you will not be able to change the time manually, but you should not have it as long as the source is reachable and reliable. In fact in CUCM 8.5+ you need to sync with NTP during the installation and cannot complete the install without it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

I understand to adjust the time on Publisher for quick synchronization with NTP server but my point is how to force Subcriber to quickly synchronize with Publisher; I don't see any option to manually change the time on Subcriber to make it closer to Publisher time for quick synchronization.

You cannot, subscribers should sync up pretty quickly, however if the time is way off when you are adjusting it, it may take several hours.

HTH,

please rate all useful posts!

Chris

I find a reboot syncs things up pretty quick :-)

Or you can reboot, then correct the time in the BIOS and allow the reboot to complete.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Would you please guide me how to enter into BIOS at start up.

Hi

Watch for messages - it depends on your hardware but it's usually F2, F10, F8 or DEL during the initial BIOS display.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: