cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracing call flow and digits entered in uccx.

wshuffman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to trace out a call in UCCX using the logs through RTMT.  Essentially I want the ability to look through logs when someone calls in and say that the user called at this time, they pressed this button sequece and was routed to this extension.  We have a simple script that offers a menu then routes calls to individual users based on the options.  They are complaining that calls aren't going to where they should so I am trying to watch this in the logs.  I have enabled tracing on CCX Engine, but don't know which trace filters I need to apply to get this information.  Or is this not possible and I should look at getting the info some other way?

15 Replies 15

frzhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Turn on the ENG trace in the UCCX serviceability tool. Get the UCCX Engine logs (MIVR). The trace should be based on the session ID, impl ID, and task ID which can be found in the call.answered message.

I enabled the UCCX Engine and I can see the call come in, but I never see what digits the user is dialing and where they are being redirected.  Do I have to enable any of the filters to make this work? 

Did you figure out a way to see what digits callers are entering? We have a similar request.

Hi,

What level of debug are you running for the MiVR logs? 

When I go to Trace Configuration (CCX Servicability) I select "Cisco Unified CCX Engine", there are a whole bunch of options (sub-facilities), which one relates to MiVR

joshua.gertig wrote:

When I go to Trace Configuration (CCX Servicability) I select "Cisco Unified CCX Engine", there are a whole bunch of options (sub-facilities), which one relates to MiVR

All of those do.  The one you'll want though, the one that frzhang mentioned, is the ENG debugging.  Once you enable that level of debugging, every step, in every script, will be written to the logs.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Ahh, ok. Got it, thanks!

I should have mentioned this in my other post, but I do just leave this debugging turned on all the time.  It helps with troubleshooting tickets such as "I called the main line and it just dumped me to voicemail".  I can then go grab logs and figure out what happened, without having to try to recreate the scenario with the caller.

Additionally, you don't want to get into the habit of turning on all kinds of debugging either.  In my earlier days of UCCX, I accidentally got trace happy, and turned on so much tracing that the engine crashed and failed to start.  I had to call TAC and they politely reminded me that tracing is for troubleshooting, not for my own enjoyment.

Good luck and happy tracing.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

yeah,

I hardly believe someone may have such kind of enjoyment, - let us say "this is debug party" )
Anyway, In addition to CPU, UCCX Tracing may overfill Disk space, thereby you may loose morning debug information which has re-wrote by the noon.

For what it's worth, we're building this functionality into ContactView which will analyze and store call flow history such that you can find a historical call and trace through their journey in the call flow (over-layed similar to how reactive debug works). It's stored historically off box so no loss of data either.

We'll also do automatic analysis of call flow performance to recommend changes to reduce abandonment and things like that!

Regards,

Tanner Ezell

Hi, everybody.

I would like to add: I have found that in UCCX 10.6 for getting DTMF digits it is enough to enable Trace->Profile->Log Profile Configuration

MIVR->subsystems SS_TEL trace at Debugging level.

Trace will contain:

2625604: Mar 27 13:12:36.935 UTC %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:CallID:667 MediaId:161082/3 Task:45000000534 Digit received: 1

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

You're going to need your logging level set as high as it goes, you're going to be looking for entries such as the following:

(P1-jtapiuser) 1317/1 MediaTermConnDtmfEv 1 CTIP_3000 [#161] Cause:100 CallCtlCause:0 CiscoCause:100 FeatReason:12

The number following MediaTermConnDtmfEv will be the digit entered. You'll see one message for each keypress.

HTH

Tanner Ezell

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Sorry to drag this up again but once the ENG trace is enabled would your method of tracing the events of a call be;

1. Grab the session ID from MIVR or HR client

2.  Search through the MIVR log and follow the session ID

3. Identify the steps and input from the caller

/Jon

Thought i would also add is that its useful to use Notepad++ to read the logs. You can filter based on session/task and show the call flow and DTMF.

/Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: