Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Traditional ICM TDM interface to Avaya ACD question?

Hi I have a question regarding plain old ICM/UCCE interfacing to an Avaya AES and CMS.  Recently we've been having issues with ICM seeing a different number of trunks available than what the ACD says are available (i.e., we use expression tester in RTTest to query the TG6.NumberTrunksAvailable).  RTTEST comes back with 6 when there are 130 or so available trunks. 

The question is:  how does ICM derive the Number of trunks available? 

CMS provides Agent state information, AES provides call information.  Does ICM get the trunk information from the CMS or AES (MAPD/ASAI), or does it do it's own calculations based on call data and information received from the CMS and AES?           

Can you direct me to a document that explains this?  I know I've seen it before, but can't remember where. 

Thanks a million and kind regards,

Paul H

Everyone's tags (7)
2 REPLIES

Re: Traditional ICM TDM interface to Avaya ACD question?

Hi,

This is my understanding of how the Avaya trunk updates work.  I am unable to provide a doc reference.  Only Avaya ICM doc I know of is the Avaya ACD supplement.

All indication is that the trunk update comes in through the AES.  Note that you can turn off CMS and the trunk updates still come through.

To see the trunk update on the PG,

Set procmon trace

trace * /on

trace *lock* /off

dumplog pim for 10 min (enough time to collect data)

Search for,

C_TG_STAT (Bshift>>4)

You should see the trunk updates,

01:58:22:903 PG26A-pim1 Trace: Bri/SAOid: 3/55564; VQ_CONF: C_TG_STAT (Bshift>>4): TGNum 10 TAC=510; Avail=132 InUse=10

Notice that these are Bri updates that indicate these are AES updates.

Did the PG trunk values match the rttest expr values?  They should be close.  If not, I suggest to revalidate the trunk config.  I had problems where the telecom team did trunk changes on the ACD and I started to get strange trunk updates and I had to find out what they did to fix it.

LL

Re: Traditional ICM TDM interface to Avaya ACD question?

Check in the registry for the G3BugTrunkGroupBitShift DWORD.  I believe it's still set to 4 by default, and you have >127 trunks.  If you set this back to 0 it should report the number of trunks correctly.

HKLM\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\\\PG\CurrentVersion\PIMS\\ATTData\Dynamic

Hope that helps,

Sean

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content