Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transferring from CVP to Attendant Console

We have a customer that is using CVP in an IPCC Enterprise environment. We?re running in comprehensive mode and CVP is the routing client.

The customer?s call flows are designed so that all inbound calls are answered by an auto attendant that is provided by CVP/ICM. The auto attendant allows the caller to choose which ACD they are calling into and some of the choices also allow them to choose to be sent to voicemail, some shared lines and a Call Manager attendant console.

The RNA timer in Call Manager is set to 20 seconds, the agent desk settings for the ACD?s is set to 19 seconds and the Voice Browser RNATimer is set to 18 seconds. The issue is that when callers choose to be sent to the Attendant Console, if the attendant does not answer the call within the Voice Browser RNA timer then CVP takes the call back and without a way to requery, disconnects the caller.

Has anyone run into this and a workaround for sending calls to a hunt group? If there is a way to blind transfer the caller that would work as well.

Thanks,

Shannon Murphy

Sr. Network Engineer

Coleman Technologies, Inc.

4 REPLIES

Re: Transferring from CVP to Attendant Console

My feeling is that the HW is most likely not sufficient enough (CPU-wise) to properly handle the current load. Try - Reboot the Publisher server, then reboot the Subscriber server.

We resolved this issue by changing the way that the Attendant Console reacts. We set the AC to be in broadcast mode with an AC queue so that the AC would answer the call immediately when the call arrived and queue the caller. This got us around the VB RONA value.

Hi,

I am running into the same issue. We queue callers into ICM for 90 seconds and if no answer we send to a CM hunt group but the call disconnects after the 20 second CVP RNA.

Did you find a solution to this or are you sending all calls to AC. I can't use AC for this solution. I was thinking of using a unity call handler to answer the call then relase to switch transfer to the hunt group.

Thanks

Anthony

We ended up using Unity Call Handlers to take the calls from CVP and sending them onto the destination. CVP 4.0 using SIP as the control protocol will allow you to do this from ICM by using a REFER label, however, there isn't a resolution for CVP using H323.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content