cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring UCCX inbound call to an external number

Scott Almand
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys. I have a basic IVR with a menu with two option. 0 goes to operator and 1 is supposed to transfer the caller to an 800 number for our companies benefits provider. The reactive debug works fine when I press 1, it hits success then proceeds to end call. The problem is that the call doesn't actually transfer. The caller just thinks they were hung up on. If I add an internal extension as the transfer point, the call is transferred as expected. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check UCCX CTI ports CSS and see if those have permission to do outbound calls through PSTN.

DP

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Scott-

What branch of the Call Redirect step does it fall into?

Do you have the toll free number entered into the script as you would dial it from a phone?

DJ

Not sure what you mean by which "branch" of the redirect step. But yes, I have the phone number entered with a leading 9 then the 1-800 number.

When you do a reactive debug does it fall to the "Busy" "Invalid" or "Unsuccessful" branch?  If you don't have any steps listed in those branches it will just appear to fall to the next step in the script.  For testing I'll put an Annotate step in each branch to clearly see what's happening to the call.  It could be a Calling Search Space issue for the Call Control Group.

DJ

Oh I gotcha. It hits successful then proceeds to terminate call.

Check UCCX CTI ports CSS and see if those have permission to do outbound calls through PSTN.

DP

That's where I ended in my troubleshooting. I will add our long distance partition to the CSS for CTI ports tonight and see if that takes care of it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I was overlooking.

Well, that is odd.  If it goes to the successful branch on the Call Redirect step everything appears to be working correctly in UCCX.  It almost sounds like you're not getting ringback on the outbound call.  If you stay on the line does the call get connected?  Does it have two way audio?

DJ

If I call from my 7975 desk phone, the call is terminated. If I call from a cell phone, the call is also terminated.

I'm having a similar problem, where I have a menu that gives the caller an option to press # to be transferred directly to a service provider's external phone number.  If I access the call tree from an internal extension (my company desk phone) and select #, I get transferred without a problem. However, if I call the menu from my cell phone, as an external caller might, the call fails.

I ran reactive degug, and it falls to the "Unsuccessful" result, which in my case, results in the caller getting looped back to the opening greeting.

In UCCX, I checked the Call Control Group Config and verified that the DN CSS already contains local and long distance partitions.

I'm running on CUCM & UCCX version 8.5.1

I'm stumped and have spent many hours banging my head on the desk. . . Any idea what may be going on?

Assuming that you are using a Call Redirect step in the script to send the call out to PSTN if caller press # few things that you should know and take care of:

Call Redirect step actually does a redirect from the CTI port to the desired extension. In case of a redirect, it is actually the Redirect Calling Search Space (under Advanced Directory Number Information) on Call Control Group which is going to be used. Now comes the below defect which is applicable for UCCX 8.x environment only:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul68244/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Starting 9.x onwards and later, below is how the Redirect CSS behaves:

a. DN Calling Search Space: This enables the CTI Port to use its directory number CSS when performing a redirect / consult transfer.

b. Calling Party: This enables the CTI Port to use the calling party's CSS when performing a redirect / consult transfer.

c. Redirect Party: This enables the CTI Port to use the CTI Route Point's CSS when performing a redirect / consult transfer.

Based on the description mentioned above, if you are using UCCX 9.x or later then configure the Redirect CSS as per the options explained above. The administration guide for UCCX 8.x still shows the information as per defect CSCul68244 since the bug was opened for that version only and is still in an open state and hence it should be handled as per that only if you are using version 8.x UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Yes, I am indeed using the Call Redirect step in the script. I had the Redirect Search Sapce option set to "DN Calling Search Space". I just changed it to "Redirect Party" and now the call forwarding works! 

The only minor problem now is the outgoing Caller ID for the transferred call, from UCCX to the PSTN, is showing some random extensions associated with our circuits, but not the caller ID of initial caller. Again, this part is minor and it's only related to external callers that are redirected out. If you have any idea about where to find that setting, it would be helpful. Otherwise, thanks very much for the info above. Very helpful.

Networkgrouppch, any luck in solving your last issue?

I have the same problem, when redirecting an external call to an external number the caller id presented to the end point is my own instead of the original caller.

Anyone?

Hi Deepak,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

I have one question regarding the same issue, after choosing 'Redirect Party' from the above options, the CSS that is in use for call redirection is still the caller's CSS.

When calling the trigger number internally the call redirected to the PSTN using the phone's CSS.

in order to fix it, I tried to change the parameter "Calling Search Space for redirect" under the specific Trigger, but still without success.

your help will be much appreciated!

Tom

Tom, what is the UCCX version you are using there and what is the call flow

Regards

Deepak