cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation route in IPCC 7.0

dick
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know which the routing client will be when working with translation.(IPIVR or CallManager)

Besides, the setup of translation route in IPIVR is for sending request to ICM or receiving response from ICM?

Thanks~

14 Replies 14

jond
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming this is not System IPCC (Doesn't use Translation Routes) the CallManager is the Routing Client, IPIVR the targeted Peripheral.

In a typical IPCC Enterprise configuration the translation Route is used to move the call and call data between the CallManager and IVR. Initial route request comes from the CallManager and the call is routed to the IVR for call treatment. No Translation Route is needed for calls routed to agents.

Thanks for your reply.

Since the routing client is the CallManager, the setup of translation route in the IPIVR web admin application seems useless.

I would like to ask if it is nescessary to do such config in IPIVR.

Absolutely. You need to configure a ICM Translation Route application in the IVR and associate the triggers (CTI Route Points) that are part of the DNIS pool. This will allow you to resolve the Translation Route when the call arrives at the IVR. It is also important that the CTI Port Group number defined on the IVR matches the Trunk Group number defined in ICM; also utilized when defining the Translation Route using the ICM Translation Route Wizard.

Thank you for your help and we found that we can master the idea of Translation Route much better than before.

Besides the configuration issue, I would also like to know, in using the "Translation Route to VRU" node, it is required to provide "Service" and also "Route" and "Translation Route". We cannot fully understand the meaning by just went through the documentation. The problem is that, for both "Service" and "Translation Route", we have to provide "Peripheral Target" and also "Label", and they can come from different routing clients (call manager and IPIVR) as well. So, could anyone kindly explain / share their knowledge on it?

Any effort would be appreciated.

You do need to configure a Service and Route for the IVR. Peripheral Target and Label aren't necessary. Only required for TDM ACD. Below is a quick checklist of ICM configuration required before creating the Translation Route and then the Translation Route Wizard setup.

-Create one Network VRU (Generally Type 2)

-Associate Network VRU to each IVR Peripheral

-Create Service for each IVR

Name = 'IVR Name'.TR_Svc1, Peripheral Number = 1

-Create Route associated to Service for each IVR

Name = 'IVR Name'.TR_Rte1

-Create Network Trunkgroup for each IVR

Name = 'IVR Name'.NTG1

Create Trunkgroup for each IVR

Name = 'IVR Name'.TG1, Peripheral Number = IVR CTI Port Group Number

- Use Translation Route Wizard to create Translation Route for each IVR

Select Create New, Name = 'IVR Name'.TR1, Short name = 'IVR Name'.TR1, Single peripheral single routing client, Peripheral Gateway = 'IVR PG Name', Peripheral = 'IVR Peripheral Name', Service = 'IVR Name'.TR_Svc1, Post Routing Client = 'CallManager Routing Client', Add Routing Client and Network Trunk Group (Should only be one), DNIS = CTI Route Point numbers for translation routing, Select Set Prefix = DNIS, Include DNIS String as is, Create Translation Route

First of all, thank you very much for such detail information about setting up a translation route. I have followed the wizard and come to a step called "Configure DNIS", when I am trying to "Add DNIS" with my CTI route point number, an alert message "DNIS XXXX already exists for IPIVR_NTG1 network trunkgroup", anyone know whats wrong with that?

For more information, I am now using the same CTI route point number in CCM, for my IPIVR JTAPI trigger. Is that supposed to be in typical translation route?

Thank you.

Message means you've already created a Peripheral Target with DNIS XXXX. Perhaps another Translation Route? The CTI Route Point/IPIVR JTAPI trigger should be the same and you'll normally need more than one (unless you are just testing). CTI Route Point should be associated with the IVR User in CCM as you have already done but not associated to the PG User. The CTI Route Point should only be used for the Translation Route.

Thank you for your help in configurating the translation route.

I have one more question about using the "Translation Route to VRU" node in ICM script is that, what is the use of "Service", "Select Min Value of", "Route" and "Translation Route"? I have already fulled in those properties with what I have just created. However, the flow is still return from the "X" which indicates the fail of translation route.

If we have finished setting the translation route, should the dail number be the same as the DNIS in translation setting? (i.e. peripheral target->label)

It would be great if anyone could provide more information / reference / documentation about setting Translation Route?

Best resource would be IPCC Training which covers IPCC Translation Routing concepts and applications. The IPCC documentation (ICM Scripting and Media Routing Guide along with the IPCC Installation and Configuration Guide) does cover the installation steps but doesn't dive into the concepts that would be covered in a training course.

Service and Route are only "dummy" configuration items for Translation Routing with IPCC. There are some reporting metrics captured against them however. Select Min Value Of is the criteria for target selection. No value or a value of 1 would suffice for Translation Routing to a single IVR. The Dialed Number should not be the same DNIS as the translation route number. The translation route nubmers should only be used for the translation routing process.

The IPCC Troubleshooting Guide covers troubleshooting Translation Routes and related IVR configuration issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_tech_note09186a00800b6a82.shtml

I would like to say we have successful configured our first Translation Route in IPCC 7.0(1). However, there is still a minor (hopefully it is minor) problem we have to fix.

In most cases, the call can exit from the successful path in Translation Route node, however, when monitoring the ICM script, we found that sometimes the call will exit from the 'X' path, which make the performance inconsistent.

Thank you for your trouble shooting guide and I would spend some time on it. Again, any suggestion to the question would be appreciated.

For more information on my above case, we found that failure takes place when a call is being made before the existing call completed. And a busy tone is listened by the second caller in that case.

After that, any new coming call would flow from the 'X' path in "Translation Route to VRU" for quite a while.

Does anyone get any idea about this? Thank you!

Sounds like the IVR Session setttings are not high enough and you don't have enough Translation Route numbers defined. The second call is not being accepted by the IVR and the translation route number is being tied up till the timeout expires, not allowing any other calls to be routed to the IVR. You will probably find "translation route timeouts" and "no translation routes available" in ICM Router Log Viewer. Of course there could be different/other problems. Really hard to pinpoint.

ipcc_designer
Level 1
Level 1

The problem has been solved and thank you once again.

You have mentioned 2 solutions to this problem, and I have tried both of them do help. But for the one adding more translation route number, it seems more difficult in the management point of view and I would like to know is there any particular situation that this model could benefit to? And once the DNIS range in Translation Route wizard created, seems there is no where to review/edit this number group, is that true?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: