Views
Helpful
Replies

Translational Route Problem

chinmay.b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a DialedNumber=1991 with routing client as CiscoCallmanager.

If the agents are available call gets routed to the agent .

But if the agent is not available I am trying to send it to the VRU using the Translational route but it doesn't work.

(label defined for VRU is again 1991)

Trace:--

> DialedNumber (1991) using CallType (AndSupp - 5002)

Start #1

Default\TransRouteAndITSupp {All Customers} (version 1)

Select #2

Translation Route to VRU #4

Select min of:

*ANDQM01.AndSupp = 2

> No peripheral target available for translation route TR_ANDQM01 (ID 5022) with routing client ANDCCM (ID 5000).

> ----------

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in advance

chinmay

7 Replies 7

jond
Level 1
Level 1

You need to define a separate distinct range/pool of dialed numbers/cti route points for the Translation Route. These numbers should only be used for Translation Routing. You'll need more than one depending upon call volume and IVR port sizing.

erestes
Level 1
Level 1

You have not completed your Transtion Route configuration... a Translation Route is a Name of an Entity that has 1 or many Peripheral Targets/DNISs. So if you open you need a CTIRP X on your Call Manager that is used as trigger for your IVR This CTIRP X will be one of your DNIS values . So if you go to Translation Route Explorer and see you can add Peripheral Targets to the Translation Route. Read the instructions on Translation Routes More..

Hi,

Thank you very much.

I added the Peri-Target , label and got it working.

regards

Chinmay

Hi Guys,

Another basic doubt...

In the DNIS range if I specify 5 numbers, does it mean that only five calls can be queued at any given point on the VRU for that service ?

regrds

chinmay

No Think of the DNIS

as just the means for the Call to get inside the IVR.

Plus.. from both an CCM and IPIVR Application CTIRoutePoint Trigger configuration you can limit or expand how many times the entity may be used.. This is important to learn because if configured wrong you can bottel neck your system and only allow less number of calls than you have configured DNIS's or Triggers.. Media Group is the other place that has a config piece on the IVR for this..

but bottom line is a Dnis is not Tied up during the entire Call time .. Its used to Single the IVR to provide a CTIPort to receive the Call on ...

Thanks for the reply.

Correct me If I am wrong.

It means I can have just ONE DNIS for every translation route and limit the number of times it is used by changing the MaxNumberOfSessions in the "TranslationRoute apllication" in the IVR and secondly change the number of IVR ports per JTAPI trigger and limit the number of calls queued per dialed number

regards

chinmay

I can only briefly respond due to time constraints at the moment. While you can configure more than one translation route under certain scenarios below is a typical customer scenario.

Assume the customer has one IVR with 40 IVR ports for queuing and call treatment for the CallCenter. A general configuration would be a single ICM translation route. You would need to define more than one DNIS (CTI Route Point) for the translation route to account for timeouts and call arrival rate. Let's use an example of 10. These CTI Route points, used only for translation routing a call to the IVR, would need to associated on the CallManager with the IVR JTAPI user ONLY. They do not have to be associated with the ICM PG user. You would create one Translation Route application on the IVR. You would associate the 40 port CTI Port group with the application. Set sessions for the application to 40. Associate each CTI Route Point (JTAPI Trigger) to the application. Set the sessions for each JTAPI Trigger to a "theoretical" 40. You would manage calls queued in the ICM.

You could have 40 calls active on the IVR at one time and a maximum of 10 calls in route/timeout to the IVR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: