Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Treating every 3rd or 5th Call differently in ICM

Hello,

If I want to determin every 3, 5th or for that matter certain call differently based on the call number for that day.  What will be the best way to do this in ICM ?  I need to determine that if it is every 3rd call send it somewhere and for all other calls, resume the default treatment.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

You could use a "Get

You could use a "Get Reporting Statistic" step to pull in the data you are looking for and an "IF" statement to make a call route a different way based on the statistic.  For instance, maybe you could do this with the "Total Contacts" or "Contacts Handled" statistic.

Not sure if this will be an

Not sure if this will be an exact match.  You can use the random number generator and send the Xth call to a new location, but the 3rd and 5th example might be be exactly possible.

david

David,     Would it be

David,

Would it be correct to say that if use the random() method and use something like

random()<=0.3  transfer to X or else stay here.  Would that ensure that 30 % of calls get transferred ? (similar to sending every 3rd call)

Hemal

That's correct.david

That's correct.

david

I think this can be easily

I think this can be easily achieved using percentage routing node in ICM.

So, I will have five link with 20% each (ex. A,B,C,D,E)

And now you can do whatever you want with (C and E) and remaining (A, B and D).

Hi,To treat exactly every

Hi,

To treat exactly every third call differently on ICM you can also try below:

1. create user variable e.g : user_ipcccalls

2. when call hits the ICM script, increment this variable by 1 ( user_ipcccalls = user_ipcccalls+1) with set node.

3. take the modulus of user_ipcccalls with 3 and check the value, for every third call it will be 0(because you are taking mod with 3).

eg.(mod(Global.user_ipcccalls,3)=0)

if it is 0 means its exactly third call which did hit your ICM Script.

check the attachment also

Views
Helpful
Replies