Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to build Callback script

hbarrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to build out a script so that when callers are in queue, they have the option to press 1 and and leave their callback number. I have attached the script and a snapshot of the error I keep getting, it appears to be something I am missing with my "GetSessionInfo" step, help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

If I were going to do this I would create a small SQL database and store the number they enter in there. Then have a callback script cycle through the SQL database for the next number in line and delete that row. Easy management system. Just my 2cents..

Chad

Hi Hugo,

I'm guessing that your script is based on the voicemail.aef script from the Cisco Script Repository, right ?

On that script, the "Get Session" step is used to create a new session that can later be retrieved by the voicemailQueueing.aef script. So, in the General tab of the "Get Session" step the "New Session" option is set to Yes. While in your script, it is set to No.

So, when your script is trying to find a session with the identifier you're giving and cannot find it, it will return Null and not create a new session.

HTH