Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two QM Questions

We're looking at Cisco Quality Management and had two questions:

-We don't want to do SPAN recording.  I'm told the Cisco IP phones can mirror their voice to the Cisco QM server, without the need for a network span port (or client software).  Is that correct?

-Can it be integrated with data from UCCX?  For example in our call scripts we gather the customer number.  We would like to tag the calls in QM with that field, so that we can search by customer number to pull up all recordings.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: Two QM Questions

Hi

QM has two recording options:

1) SPAN on the switches to the QM NIC

2) PC Client based recording (you install a PC background service that SPANs the local phone traffic and relays it to the server - so the PC must be daisy chained to the phone)

QM has an API you can send commands to from CAD - it's documented here : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_2x/programming/guide/qm273api-cisco.pdf

Looks to me like you could use the 'metadata' command to push data from an Enterprise Data variable in CAD to the recording... Whether you could then search that data from QM is another question though it appears it would be visible. Sorry I'm a little vague here; I've not had cause/time to play with the API side of this product.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

QM does support Built-in-Bridge (BiB) for recording but only in their enterprise product. Just saw the Calabrio guys earlier this month who said BiB support is coming in version 8 but yeah, only in their enterprise version. With express I'm afraid you've only got SPAN and desktop recording.

EDIT:

In regards to your metadata question, it's pretty easy if you're using CAD. Just setup a workflow to send an IPC action (to port 5140 I think from memory) and the command metadata I think and the enterprise data you want to attach. This will send the metadata to the desktop recording software which will automatically attach it to the current call you're on. Check the QM docs though. It's somewhere in there.

9 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

QM has two recording options:

1) SPAN on the switches to the QM NIC

2) PC Client based recording (you install a PC background service that SPANs the local phone traffic and relays it to the server - so the PC must be daisy chained to the phone)

QM has an API you can send commands to from CAD - it's documented here : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_2x/programming/guide/qm273api-cisco.pdf

Looks to me like you could use the 'metadata' command to push data from an Enterprise Data variable in CAD to the recording... Whether you could then search that data from QM is another question though it appears it would be visible. Sorry I'm a little vague here; I've not had cause/time to play with the API side of this product.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron!

Regarding the two methods of call recording (SPAN vs PC), that tends to agree with what I've read in the docs.  But Cisco sales told me there was a third option -- the phone spawns a second RTP stream to the QM server.  I just can't find any confirmation of that.

Super Bronze

Hi

There is a method for phones to fork media out to two destinations for recording purposes (i.e. one to the other participant in the conversation, and one to the recording server). This was introduced in CCM6.

However - AFAIK QM doesn't support this in any current version. It's possible that the rep was talking about something pre release...

Regards

Aaron

Bronze

QM does support Built-in-Bridge (BiB) for recording but only in their enterprise product. Just saw the Calabrio guys earlier this month who said BiB support is coming in version 8 but yeah, only in their enterprise version. With express I'm afraid you've only got SPAN and desktop recording.

EDIT:

In regards to your metadata question, it's pretty easy if you're using CAD. Just setup a workflow to send an IPC action (to port 5140 I think from memory) and the command metadata I think and the enterprise data you want to attach. This will send the metadata to the desktop recording software which will automatically attach it to the current call you're on. Check the QM docs though. It's somewhere in there.

Thanks Nathan, very helpful.

Just a clarification on your reference to "QM does support Built-in-Bridge (BiB) for recording but only in their enterprise product".  I wasn't aware QM had an enterprise version?  I'm familar with Contact Center Express vs Enterprise, but Workforce Optimization (which includes QM) appears to only be for express?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8293/products_data_sheets_list.html

Bronze

The Cisco OEM product as you linked (Cisco WFO) is only for Express. You can purchase the enterprise WFO which works with UCCE as well as a number of other switch vendors and supports BiB but this, you purchase as a Calabrio product through a Calabrio partner.

Super Bronze

Hi

Yeah, that is interesting... I think what Nathan is referring to is that there may be a product from Calabrio (i.e. sold by them direct rather than rebadging it and selling through Cisco) that integrates with UCCE and has more features such as the new recording method you are interested in.

While us UCCX folks get to put up with dark-ages versions of all their stuff!

Aaron

Bronze

They need to keep something to up-sell you on don't they?

Thanks guys!  This was great info.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content