cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 11.5 ICM Scripting, Run External Script, Menu MicroApp cannot return CED value

Oliver Leung 1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am new on UCCE, now I need to create a simple call flow with ICM script editor. I just want to test for the features - call comes to ICM -> play a language menu -> user select 1/2/3 -> play accordance language message.

In attached flow_1.jpg and flow_2.jpg, I just want to demonstrate that the flow can play a menu with pre-recorded wave file. I first set the variables locale, app_media_lib, input_type... and then use "Run Ext Script" to play a menu.

The pre-recorded menu can be listened, but it did not accept any dtmf (when I press 1/2/3 no response). It will speak the menu 2 times and disconnect.

In the attached Network VRU.jpg, it shown the menu configuration. 

Is it i am doing it wrong? or any configuration missing? 

Thanks brother!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It must be documented in Configuration guide for CVP or UCCE to restart the CVP PGs after.

to restart the CVP PG, you first have to find out the server where the pair of PG for the CVP is installed, once you find it out.

Login to the PG servers, and locate the Unified CCE service Control Application.

once you locate that, there will be PG component which you have to just cycle.

you have to do it on each side of the duplex PG.

if you are not able to locate the PGs, just go to the CVP server and restart the Cisco CVP Call Server service multiple time (4 or 5 times with the delay of 10 seconds) from Services.msc , this should break the existing pim connection and re establish it) and should load the new configured ECC variable.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

there can be many things which can cause DTMF failures, can you attach below:

1) brief call flow

2) gateway config of ingress/vxml gateways.

regards

Chintan

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for your reply.

The call flow is simple. Just want to archive:

1) Playing a language menu (*.wav file)

2) Accept DTMF (1-3)

3) Play a announcement according to the language selected.

4) Release call.

I can only access the those AW and CVP servers. Can it be checked on the ICM Configuration Manager?

Regards,

Oliver

from the call flow meant by was the call traversing different component in the solution (i.e CVP, gateways CUCM).

is this already production system? from where you are trying to call into the CVP(i.e from CUCM registered phone or PSTN phone?

can you please attach CVP logs for the time-stamp covering calls you have made from, C:\Cisco\CVP\logs\ and C:\Cisco\CVP\logs\VXML\

I make the call from PSTN -> VG -> CUCM -> CVP. The system is in UAT. The test call is around 15:57:51 and I trimmed the log files.

In the VXML log and error log I also found:

1051573: 10.222.77.13: Nov 22 2017 15:57:51.869 +0800: %CVP_11_5_VXML_SERVER-3-CALL_ERROR:  RunScript Error from CVP-IVR [MEDIA_RESOURCE_ASR(31)] CALLGUID: 96786AF3CE9111E7BF142C5A0F4DF880 DNIS= {VRUScriptName: 'M,-1,A,Menu13' ConfigParam: '1-3'} [id:3023] 

Thanks.

yes that is what i was looking for,

in case of ASR error you have to set user.microapp.input_type to "D" before Run External Script node.

and that should resolve your problem.

When I faced this problem, I searched related post in this forum and found a similar post. It also mentioned to set the input_type to "D".

In my first post, I have attached the ICM flow screenshot. I have already created the ECC variable in ICM Configuration Manager and set variable Call.user.microapp.input_type to "D"before the sent to VRU node but it still failed.

Checked document but didn't find any other hint on this.

Thanks.

Hi,

Did you restart CVP PG after creating ECC variable user.microapp.input_type ?

if not, please restart the each side of the CVP PG one by one, its required step.

No. I didn't restart anything after creating the ECC variable input_type. I am not familiar with the steps of restarting the CVP PG. Is there any reference document stated that what services need to be restarted after adding the ECC variable?

Thank you.

It must be documented in Configuration guide for CVP or UCCE to restart the CVP PGs after.

to restart the CVP PG, you first have to find out the server where the pair of PG for the CVP is installed, once you find it out.

Login to the PG servers, and locate the Unified CCE service Control Application.

once you locate that, there will be PG component which you have to just cycle.

you have to do it on each side of the duplex PG.

if you are not able to locate the PGs, just go to the CVP server and restart the Cisco CVP Call Server service multiple time (4 or 5 times with the delay of 10 seconds) from Services.msc , this should break the existing pim connection and re establish it) and should load the new configured ECC variable.

Hi, I located those PG servers. Is it I just need to cycle the VRU PG2A and PG2B one by one?

VRU PG A
Cisco ICM cpgcc PG2A

VRU PG B
Cisco ICM cpgcc PG2B

Agent PG A
Cisco ICM cpgcc CG1A
Cisco ICM cpgcc PG1A

Agent PG B
Cisco ICM cpgcc CG1B
Cisco ICM cpgcc PG1B

Thanks.

Hi,

After I cycled the PG components and it finally works!

Really, really appreciate your valuable advise!

Thank you!

Here's where it is documented.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_5/configuration/guide/CCVP_BK_1A06EB0D_00_1005-cvp-configuration-and-administration/CCVP_BK_1A06EB0D_00_1005-cvp-configuration-and-administrat...

"If you change the configuration of any ECC variable with the Expanded Call Variable List tool, stop and restart the Unified CVP Call Server. "