Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

UCCE 7.5 DBLookup Configuration

We have a UCCE 7.5(9) implementation and I have been requested to implement a db lookup to determine if a caller should hear custom messaging while waiting in queue based on their account info.  Basically I have to check an account listing and if the caller is part of an account that is in a certain group, play some custom messaging in between the standard queue messaging and if not, just do the normal queue messaging.  I was planning to use the DBLookup to execute a stored procedure in my remote SQL 2008 DB to set a user variable which would be checked during the queue script.  However, I'm having some trouble finding some configuration details and have a couple of questions:

1. Is DBLookup the right way to check ANI against an external DB?  My table has over 1.5 million records currently and my concern would be over making sure the data in the DBLookup is filtered on the remote end, and not on the UCCE end.
  2. Can DBLookup be configured to point to a stored procedure that takes an input variable?  If not, what about a custom view?  The check I need to run relies on data from several different tables.
  3. Is there a better method of doing this?  I have seen several posts here suggesting that DBLookup is not very good for checking ANI or for checking large tables and other alternatives (such as application gateways) may be required, but am not sure.  I tried finding details about setting up an application gateway, but have not been successful so far.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

1 REPLY

UCCE 7.5 DBLookup Configuration

Hi John,

You can use DBLookup for remote SQL or ICM application gateway with ODBC gateway host store procedures.

With all new deployments where customer have that kind of requirments Cisco recommends to use Cisco CVP VXML applicatoins. All depends on your BHCA and CRM responce. I would suggest you to engage local Cisco SE or AM for best recommendation based on your design and integrations.

Thanks,

MAR

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content