Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCE 8.5(3) - DB Lookup node

Hi,

I have an UCCE 8.5(3) solution where I have a script using the DB Lookup node querying a SQL Server 2008 R2 database.

The configuration of the database on the ICM system was done following the documentation and it seems to be ok, but, in the DB Look, the flow goes through the error exit.

I tried to find documentation regarding which SQL Server's versions are compatible but couldn't find. Does anyone knows where I can find it?

Additionally, is there any way to find the cause of the error?

Thanks in advance!

Everyone's tags (4)
9 REPLIES
Bronze

This could be a number of things. These two items are the typical culprits I see...

-confirm Named Pipes is enabled on the DB from which you are doing the lookup

-Be sure you have a single primary key set and that the value you are passing in on the dip is the PK

Bronze

Best place to check for errors is going to be the dbworker process on the Router. Usually the error is pretty evident.

For others that landed here looking for DB Lookup info, the configuration info is on page 39 of the Scripting and Media Routing Guide (ipce85sg.pdf) at the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_5_1/user/guide/ipce85sg.pdf

Thanks for your replies!

I've double checked and Named Pipes is enabled and the value set is a single entry on the table.

The configuration as done following the document you've sent. Also the registry key was created to provide the authentication to the database.

Any other sugestion?

Thanks!

Bronze

Re: UCCE 8.5(3) - DB Lookup node

Check out the dbworker process on the Call Router.

Bronze

And yes, DB lookups on SQL2k8 does work.

I've checked the dbworker logs and have corrected on the problems - the path on the configuration manager wasn't correct.

Now I'm facing a authentication error, with the following messages:

16:32:58:994 ra-dbw Trace: DBMessage(dbopen): Login failed for user 'sa'.

16:32:58:994 ra-dbw Trace: DBError(dbopen): Severity=2, dberr=10003, oserr=-1

16:32:58:994 ra-dbw Trace: dberr(dbopen): Login incorrect.

16:32:58:994 ra-dbw Trace: dbopen to SRV_DATABASE failed

16:32:58:994 ra-dbw Trace: SQLConnection::Connect failed

16:32:58:994 ra-dbw Trace: ScriptTable demo_dialmode (ID 5001) disconnected.

I've checked and it looks that, somehow, the system is using the default user sa for authentication. I've tried changing, on the regestry key created, the user for a domain login and I have the same error, also referring the user sa, and not the domain user.

Can you help on this?

Bronze

Is this the format you have it in? Does it match the server and DB you have in config manager?

\\ServerA\DatabaseA=(domain\user,password)

If so, does the domain user have the necessary rights to the DB?

Yes, it was configured on that format. I had it configured with IP address, after changing to hostname it started working - I can see in the logs that the connectiong to the database has completed successfuly.

I've tested with the, in the script, with an IF configured with 'Database.table-name.Available > 0' as referred in the this document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803bd10a.html#xtocid16
and it leaves the node from the success terminal, but from the DB Lookup node it goes through the failure terminal.

I used the Formula editor and the expression I have is this. Do you see anything that could be wrong?

Database.demo_dialmode.DialMode = 1

demo_dialmode is the name of the database

DialMode is the name of the column, and it's values are integers.

Thanks!

Bronze

Assuming you are trying to lookup the row in the DB that has a value of 1 with the PK then you would simply set the value for the lookup node to "1".  Is DialMode the PK?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content