Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCE 9.X Installation and IIS, Java, Tomcat

Hello Team,

Could someone provide some detailed documentation explaining the reasons why IIS and Java are installed by the ICM software and should not be installed manually? I have a customer that has very strict IT security policies in place and does not allow the installation of such items by any application. I have reviewed the Staging guide and the only comment I see is that they should not be installed manually, but the guide does not provide a in-depth notes as to why. If any of you could provide some more specific docs, I would appreaciate it.

Thank you,

Gerson

2 REPLIES

Re:UCCE 9.X Installation and IIS, Java, Tomcat

no clue why , but i would assume installation would fail if you had done them manually.. thats just my guess

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Re:UCCE 9.X Installation and IIS, Java, Tomcat

When the ICM is installed, IIS is installed along with application and websetup, Re-skilling & diagnostic frame work sites are configured. No manual configuration of IIS is required.

Since JAVA and IIS comes after part of ICM set up, you need to raise with Cisco PDI help desk, whether there is any option to ignore these application installation and install them seperately.

But it is going to add more load to you. Because, you would need to configure all the sites manually (

websetup, Re-skilling & diagnostic frame work)

Views
Helpful
Replies