Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UCCE - AD integration : supervisor (CSD) creation and authentication ?

Hi,

We have a UCCE 8.5 integrated with AD. We need to create a new supervisor (which is also an agent) and don't know what exactly will happen in the background.

We created the agent and set a password. This information will be written in UCCE db. The name of the agent is the same as the user id in AD (the same as the user he uses to log in windows) . When we make him a supervisor and set a password what will happen in the background. Will UCCE go to AD and create a user under Cisco_ICM structure or it will just validate that such a user exist in AD? it is very important to know if a new user will be created in the AD structure and where.

The password the supervisor will use to log in CSD (don't care about webview, because we have CUIC) is the one we enter in UCCE at the time of the creation of the supervisor, not the AD password? 

Thank you for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Yes UCCE will Create an User

Yes UCCE will Create an User in AD under ICM root for that supervisor, and assign ICM role (e.g webview/config).

the password will be set to "Never Expires". 

The password for CSD is still different thing, It will be managed under Cisco Desktop Administrator under Personal Configuration.

CAD does not use AD for Supervisor login (CTIOS Do), it has its own ldap for all this configuration.

Chintan

As far as my understanding,if

As far as my understanding,

if your supervisors are not going to perform any administration activity like adding an agent in team or removing an agent, or changing a skill group for an agent who belongs to the team of that supervisor etc, then it should be okay delete.

basically if you check the supervisor box,the ICM will create a user in AD with basic ICM config roles,

using this login, supervisor can log into the AW-HDS-DDS or have a client AW installed on his PC and do basic administration of agents.

hope you got what i am trying to explain.

Regards

Chintan

6 REPLIES

Yes UCCE will Create an User

Yes UCCE will Create an User in AD under ICM root for that supervisor, and assign ICM role (e.g webview/config).

the password will be set to "Never Expires". 

The password for CSD is still different thing, It will be managed under Cisco Desktop Administrator under Personal Configuration.

CAD does not use AD for Supervisor login (CTIOS Do), it has its own ldap for all this configuration.

Chintan

Community Member

Chintan, thank you for your

Chintan, thank you for your answer.

Is it ok to disable or delete that user (the one in AD) after its creation? I don't think it will be needed for any job.

As far as my understanding,if

As far as my understanding,

if your supervisors are not going to perform any administration activity like adding an agent in team or removing an agent, or changing a skill group for an agent who belongs to the team of that supervisor etc, then it should be okay delete.

basically if you check the supervisor box,the ICM will create a user in AD with basic ICM config roles,

using this login, supervisor can log into the AW-HDS-DDS or have a client AW installed on his PC and do basic administration of agents.

hope you got what i am trying to explain.

Regards

Chintan

Community Member

Thank you for all your

Thank you for all your responses.

Community Member

Hi Chintan,

Hi Chintan,

So i have a couple of questions in this regard, if i uncheck the box then the user will be deleted in the AD.

same thign would apply if i delete the user from Config Manager USer list option. Will it delete the user from AD as well.

The reason i am asking is, i have couple of users who are part of AD and we needs to allow them icm config and setup access through User List. And have to remove some users from exisintg ICM user list.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sheraz, 

Hi Sheraz, 

no until you choose 'YES'  in the dialogue prompt appears as below;once you un-check the supervisor box;

" would you like to delete the associated windows domain account xxxxx in domain abc.def.xyz"

if you choose 'Yes', it will delete from domain account also (domain mentioned in the ICM - ICM OU) . .

again similar option will be asked before you delete a user from userlist. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content