Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCE CAD - Changing IP address of Secondary CAD Server

Has anybody tried to do this or knows where I can find some information on the procedure.

Our customer has got CAD co-located on their A and B side PGs. They need to change the IP address of the B side PG which is the Secondary CAD server due to a site relocation.

In order to verify the approach to doing this I have attempted it in our lab. I modified the IP address of the B side PG and then ran PostInstall on the A side PG changing all the relevant IP addresses. However CAD now shows no licenses when Primary and Secondary servers are running and I have found that if I re-run PostInstall then neither the IP address of the Secondary Server or the Replication Server have changed. All the other relevant settings have the new values. I have also modified the value of “replica host” in the slapd.conf file on the A side as the Cisco Synch Service on the B side will not start.

I am starting to think that the easiest solution might be to reinstall CAD on the B side PG after the IP address has been changed.

11 REPLIES

Hi,

Can you please run the PostInstall.exe from the CAD which is in B side and see what is the ip address of the secondary node. If it is still pointing it to older ip address , you need to change tht to new ip address and check the behaviour.

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Anand,

I get the same result on the B side as I do on the A side. The IP address is always the old address despite me trying to change it on both A and B.

Regards

Boyd

Hi Boyd,

I am also thinking that, you may need to rerun the CAD installer on Side A, make sure to change the entries for ip address for the Side B.

Repeat the same on Side B.

Than run the postinstaller.exe on the CAD client boxes to crossverify if they are pointing it to the right ip address if not edit it to make sure they have right ip address for Side B.

Thanks,

Anand

OK I tried doing a reinstall  on the A side/Primary using Repair in Add or Remove Programs. The first configuration screen that it came up with is shown below

This has the orginal IP address of the secondary server and it cannot be changed! The same thing happened when I ran it on the B side.

Hi Boyd,

Please go through the section "Installing CAD Services" from page 39 onwards inthe below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cad_enterprise/cadenterprise7_5/installation/guide/cad75ig.pdf

You should be able to edit the ip address of the secondary server.

Hope it helps.

Anand

I had a similar issue but since it was in lab environment, I could afford doing anything.

Mine is CAD 8.5.(2a) running on Win2008. From Windows Add/Remove program, you see two entries, one is 8.5.2 and the other is 8.5.1. I uninstalled 8.5.2 and "repair" the 8.5.1. Repair is the only option available for 8.5.1. After the repair, I think it initialized the configuration.

Then I ran postinstall from Primary CAD, which no longer shows the 2nd CAD's IP. Once complete on primary CAD, repeat the same uninstall/repair on 2nd CAD, followed by postinstall. Postinstall will ask for CAD base IP now, and setup directory service to link to primary.

I did not need to worry about any call recording backup restore though, there also might be optimized approach to achieve this but at least this is one of option to get the 2nd CAD IP changed.

Hi,

Thanks For your advice. My CAD is version 7.2(1) and the old IP address is still there even when I run "Repair" Hopefully I have discovered a solution though.

I changed the value of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup\LDAP Host 2

To the new IP address and found that when I ran PostInstall the IP address was now correct.

CAD still did not run until I ran "Repair" on the Secondary site. It now seem to be working OK apart from this message in DirAccessSynSvr0002.dbg

2012-03-09 15:32:29:376 DEBUG [0xb4c] SSocket::TranslateAddress: result "family:address:port" is: "AF_INET:10.34.32.15:27872"

2012-03-09 15:32:34:376 DEBUG [0xb4c] SSocket::TranslateAddress: result "family:address:port" is: "AF_INET:192.168.32.7:27872"

2012-03-09 15:32:34:376 DEBUG [0xb4c] SSocket::TranslateAddress: result "family:address:port" is: "AF_INET:10.34.32.25:27872"

2012-03-09 15:32:34:376 DEBUG [0xb4c] SSocket::TranslateAddress: result "family:address:port" is: "AF_INET:10.34.32.15:27872"

Where

10.34.32.25 is the new IP address

10.34.32.15 is the old IP address

192.168.32.7 is the private address of the PG

As I mentioned CAD appears to be working fine so L do not know how important this message is.

Hi,

You can run Postinstaller.exe from the CAD client boxes to point it to the new ip address.

Thanks,

Anand

right, Postinstaller.exe. However in my case (8.5.2), the configuration I poplulated into Postinstaller (save, apply....) did not stay, it reversed back to the old IP. The only way I found to clear those configuration is by uninstall 8.5.2 and repair 8.5.1, on both Prim and Sec CAD node. After that, ran Postinstaller restored my lab. Not sure if I missed anything I should have done.

>>You can run Postinstaller.exe from the CAD client boxes to point it to the new ip address.

Do you think that an incorrect client IP address may be causing the errors in DirAccessSynSvr0002.dbg

Hi Boyd,

I am not sure about that  :-(.

One more thing what you can do is, search for the old ip address in the rigistry and replace with the new ip address.

Than check if it is giving these errors.

Note: Please keep the original registry backup incase of reverting for any issues.

Thaks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content