UCCE Call Router TIP Service

thiselva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Can I have the UCCE Call router TIP service details,

1. The purpose, Functionality, 

2. Communication services / Components /Processes

3. TIP service is involving in the configuration loading of Router from the Logger ??

4. Capturing the logs for TIP Service.

Please share if any documents available

Thanks,

Thiyagu.S 

4 Replies 4

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The TIP service is the Live Data interface to the PG and router. It queues events from PG and Router to the Live Data Reporting Service. Live Data uses the TIP transport protocol to communicate with the Unified CCE Router and PG servers. The active Live Data server establishes TIP connections to both sides of the Unified CCE Router and PGs.

To know more about the TIP Service Logging, have a look at the Live Data Serviceability section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_0_1/Configuration/Guide/UCCE_BK_S5C6E0AE_00_serviceability-best-practices-guide-ucce/UCCE_BK_S5C6E0AE_00_serviceability-best-practices-gui...

Below is the LiveData Reporting Topology.

Let me know if you are looking anything specifically

Regards,

Senthil Kumar

If not using Live Data Server, how do you disable the routers from listening? Just remove the values from ListeningAddress and ListeningPort? I'm guessing the router will need to be restarted to disable it?

Does this help in faster wallboard stats? One of our so called issues from supervisor is that there is a delay in wallboards and reporting stats, they require it quicker?  Thanks

LiveData reports are faster than the real-time CUIC reports, if that's what you're asking, however, the LivaDAta reports don't have all of the data that the real-time reports do, and there are also some other restrictions with Live Data, like when used in Dashboards.

They may find that they use the LiveData data available in their Finesse desktop, but use a CUIC real-time dashboard for the wallboard to show other data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: