Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

(UCCE) CUIC - Custom SQL & losing field formatting

As far as I know, you have to update the create the parameters, create fields, and save after updating the SQL. Every time that I do that, I have to manually re-add the formatting for every field which is very time consuming. Any way around that or any way that I can make it less painful?

thanks,

will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your whitespace removal is

Your whitespace removal is probably what did it. In the Field Properties, CUIC stores the "Data Clause"... the portion of the SQL SELECT statement that defines the field. CUIC tends to treat any change to that data clause as a new field, even if it's the same name.

If you're running into the SQL query length limit, perhaps utilize the "Formula Fields" instead of SQL for any computed fields... I find that calculations like ASA can take a lot of space because of functions like ISERROR, ISNULL, etc.

-Jameson
4 REPLIES

Are you changing field names

Are you changing field names in the SQL query? If you're not changing field names or data types, the formatting on the field shouldn't be lost... What version of CUIC are you on?

One alternative would be to export the report, update the SQL and version number in the exported file, and re-import. Just keep in mind that any big changes to the SQL in this way are likely to break the report.

-Jameson
Silver

Well, not changing any

Well, not changing any existing field names, but am adding new fields. CUIC v9.1.1.

Now that you mention it, I did remove some whitespace from the existing sql in the stock report I had copied to get below the 15k barrier. Maybe that's the reason?

Your whitespace removal is

Your whitespace removal is probably what did it. In the Field Properties, CUIC stores the "Data Clause"... the portion of the SQL SELECT statement that defines the field. CUIC tends to treat any change to that data clause as a new field, even if it's the same name.

If you're running into the SQL query length limit, perhaps utilize the "Formula Fields" instead of SQL for any computed fields... I find that calculations like ASA can take a lot of space because of functions like ISERROR, ISNULL, etc.

-Jameson
Silver

Oh yeah... You're exactly

Oh yeah... You're exactly right.

thanks pal,

will

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content