Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

(UCCE) CUIC - Short Calls

I've been reading the Reporting Guide for Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management
and Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted Release 9.0(1), and am a little confused about configuring short call thresholds.

Ch 13 mentions the 'abandon wait time threshold' under the call type, but I don't see that setting.

It looks like the hierarchy flows like this with these settings (please correct me):

• misc tools -> system information (abandoned call wait time, service level threshold, service level type)
  • mrd list (service level threshold, service level type)
  • pg explorer (abandoned call wait time, answered short calls threshold)
  • service level threshold list (service level threshold, service level type)
  • skill group explorer (service level threshold, service level type)
  • call type (service level threshold, service level type)

Under the pg settings, what's the difference between 'abandoned call wait time' and 'answered short calls threshold'? Also, is the above hierarchical order correct in terms of precedence for short call settings? Is it best practice to configure the agent and vru pg's with the same short call settings? If I'm correct with the above info then how do you have different short call settings per skill group or call type?

thanks,

will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will,The guide is likely

Will,

The guide is likely referring to "Abandoned call wait time" in System Information. That setting is listed in the "Call Type" area of System Information.

From the PG Explorer help:

• Abandoned call wait time: The Minimum time (in seconds) an incoming call must be queued before the call is considered an abandoned call if the caller hangs up.
  • Answered shot calls threshold: The maximum duration (in seconds) specified for a short call. The calls with a duration below the threshold are considered short. You might then choose to factor out short calls from handle times you calculate.

So, one refers to queue time, the other refers to time at an agent.

Setting Abandoned call wait time at the PG level should override the System Information setting.

-Jameson

-Jameson
4 REPLIES

Will,The guide is likely

Will,

The guide is likely referring to "Abandoned call wait time" in System Information. That setting is listed in the "Call Type" area of System Information.

From the PG Explorer help:

• Abandoned call wait time: The Minimum time (in seconds) an incoming call must be queued before the call is considered an abandoned call if the caller hangs up.
  • Answered shot calls threshold: The maximum duration (in seconds) specified for a short call. The calls with a duration below the threshold are considered short. You might then choose to factor out short calls from handle times you calculate.

So, one refers to queue time, the other refers to time at an agent.

Setting Abandoned call wait time at the PG level should override the System Information setting.

-Jameson

-Jameson
Silver

Setting Abandoned call wait

Can it be over-ridden at the skill-group level or is it pretty much a system-wide setting? Also for congruity between skill-group and agent reporting, is it a good rule of thumb to make the agent and vru pg settings match for these settings?

thanks,

will

No, there is no Skill-Group

No, there is no Skill-Group level setting for this. It's basically a system-wide thing. Personally, I've never had a reason to change it from 5 seconds. I would not recommend making it different for different PGs unless you have a good reason.

-Jameson

-Jameson
Silver

Just had an over-zealous ba

Just had an over-zealous ba ask for it to be changed so trying to wrap my head around the ins and outs of those settings is all. Thanks very much Jameson.

will

Views
Helpful
Replies