Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCE Dinamically obtaining PQ variables

Hi,

In one sentence:  how can you query the values of a Precission Queue passing a variable instead of the specific queue name?

I'm using PQs dinamically to reduce the number of code and scripts. I store a PQ name in PV9, but I'm unable to query the PQ variables like agentsLoggedOn or CallsInQ using a variable.

Directly through Formula editor by selecting PQ it only let you selct a PQ name, not a variable. I tried through a custom function using 1 paremeter with the definition of PQ.%1%.LoggedOn. The custom function works when passing a PQ name but it complaints when passing PV9 as a parameter ewith the below error: "Undefined symbol: PQ.Call.PeripheralVariable9.LoggedOn" ...Any ideas?

Cheers

Isidro

PS: how can I categorize my post under Enterprise?

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Silver

It's not going to work that

It's not going to work that way. You're trying to convert a string (variable) to a symbol (the parameter) and ICM just doesn't have the functionality to do that, unlike, say..... Ruby. I spent many weeks trying to do the samething you are, except it was with Skillgroup.%1%.LoggedOn - big time waster. 

Yep, I tried the same thing

Yep, I tried the same thing and couldn't do it. :(

david

Thanks for replying guys,

Thanks for replying guys, will not waste more time then.

Cheers

Isidro

In UCCE 10.5, I used PQ.{Call

In UCCE 10.5, I used PQ.{Call.PeripheralVariable3}.LoggedOn>0. Not sure when that option became available, but within the brackets you can pass a variable. In this case I pass the PQID that I got from a lookup based on CallerID Area Code for regional based routing. I check if anyone is logged in to that PQ before routing to them.

Silver

Hey Mark... Yes, in 10.5(1),

Hey Mark... Yes, in 10.5(1), they allowed the use of dynamically selected PQs within an IF node. The problem that I and OP faced was with using a custom function.

With that being said, this could very well work with custom functions now within 10.5(1), however, at the time of the posting (early 2014), 10.5(1) was not out yet. 

The 10.5(1) release notes say... 

The dynamic selection of a Precision Queue (PQ) in a formula is supported with the IF node. This feature is implemented to check the real time statistics of the PQ, such as the number of available agents in a PQ before entering that PQ. You can pass the PQ name or ID dynamically while creating a formula in the IF node. Whenever a call encounters the IF node after you create a formula, the router evaluates the formula based on the PQ name or ID that is given in the peripheral or Extended Call Context (ECC) variable.

One other thing I found with PQs in 9.0(4) is that I could not use two or more dynamic variables in a PQ node... hopefully that's been expanded.

Views
Helpful
Replies