cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE - multiple IVR access

ANTHONY SCOTT
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with UCCE 7.5, with 2 IP IVRs (configured as type 2)

The customer has a new business requirement, that would require ICM scripting to access/use one, then the other,

of the IP IVRs at different times during a call, possibly needing to switch back and forth several times between the IVRs.

I have tried some tests, calling "Translation Route to VRU" a second time in an ICM script in an attempt to

"switch over" to the second IP IVR, but this second call to Translation route always fails.

My question is, is this switching back and forth between specific IP IVRs even possible (with appropriate configuration),

or am I wasting my time? And if it should be achieveble, is there some unorthodox configuration required to make it work?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anthony,

so you've got two IVR's, each with different prompts, scripts etc?

What I would do is just create Translation Routes to each of them, and in the routing script, use an IF node, and have the call routed to a specific Tranlation Route based on a condition.

Or, you can use just one Tranlation Route node, and incorporate that condition in the "Consider If" field.

But anyway, this seems a little odd to me, usually we set up two IP IVR's to have load balancing and failover. I am not saying there's something wrong with your setup, it's just a bit unusual. I would recommend to consider setting up both IVR's with the same configuration (watch out, two single, isolated IVR's, not a HA [High Availability] one!), and then just create two separate scripts that would be activated based on a condition. So you would rather switch back and forth between scripts and not IP IVR's.

G.

For other scripts, we already use load balancing etc. across the the two IP IVRs (also giving HA).

> so you've got two IVR's, each with different prompts, scripts etc?

No, scripts and prompts on each IP IVR are the same.

But for this one new script, it needs to be called once on one IP IVR, then again on the other IP IVR

(the script will manipulate data in the IP IVR's datastore). And crucially, the business requirement

requires us to do this several time in a single call - so we are wanting the ICM script to switch back and forth during the call.

Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

could you please be more specific on what kind of data would be manipulated in IP IVR? I would recommend to have a universal script that would 1. update information within its host IP IVR server 2. replicate the information to the other IVR server(s).

I've got a UCCE system with a script that provides a dynamic recording solution, so the contact center supervisor can easily update an emergency message (something like "if you are calling about issue X, it's being solved, you can hang up now"). Of course, they don't want to record this message twice (as there are two IP IVR's), so the recording script does that magic: first, it saves the prompt into the local prompt repository, then it replicates this prompt onto the other IP IVR server.

I can imagine the same setup with Documents as well.

Let me know if this is something you can work with, I can give you some more details if you want.

G.

P.S. Once you translate routed a call, it's rather difficult to translate route it to the other VRU.

If the call lands originally on a CUCM route point, and then you translation route to one IVR, when it comes back to CUCM for an agent, the call is continuous and call variables set in the IVR are carried with the call. Then you could translation route to the other IVR.

Regards,

Geoff

> ... when it comes back to CUCM for an agent, ...

The calls in this scenario are never queued or delivered to an agent. It is an adminstration script, to change config on the IP IVRs.

Thanks,

Anthony.

Hi,

now, this is getting even more interesting

If this is an admin script, why don't you use global variables. If a global variable is set to 1, then the translation route node would send the call to IVR 1, if global var is set to 2, then IVR 2.

For chaging the values of these global variables, I would create a simple ICM script, that includes a CRS script that would function as a 'phone ui' and based on the user input would yield the value of the global variable in ICM. Yummy.

G.

Hello  Gergely

I got a question about your script you mentioned above---

I've got a UCCE system with a script that provides a dynamic recording solution, so the contact center supervisor can easily update an emergency message (something like "if you are calling about issue X, it's being solved, you can hang up now").-----

Did you have to use call studio to set this up or where you able to do it with a microapp?  We need this functionality and do not have call studio at this time.  Trying to see if we have to have it.

Thanks

Cory

Hi,

well, actually, it's IP IVR I was referring to - based on what you have written I guess your UCCE has CVP as IVR and not IP IVR (which is actually the UCCX platform).

G.

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

This must be the first time I see anyone doing this intentionally But if you have your reasons for requiring the call to hop from one IPIVR to the other, that should work just fine. You'll obviously need labels for each of the IVR's Routing Clients to the other's ports but the Translation Route Wizard should be able to help you out there.

Cheers,

Kris