Helpful
Replies

UCCE Outbound Dialer PIMs are Idle on both sides

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dears,

I have installed the Outbound Option as per the below steps:

- In Configuration Manager --> PG explorer: I have created a MR PG and a Dialer PIM.

- On the PG servers: I have added the Outbound PIMs on both sides and the Dialer component on PG SideA only.

The Dialer PIMs are idle on both pg servers.

Attached are screenshots of the configuration plus the pim logs.

Kindly can someone help me with this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

41 Replies 41

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

it looks like the Peripheral ID and the Peripheral Name do not match (5004 and "PG2_MR_1" is assigned/configured but when running setup 5000 and Outbound_PIM are provided).

G.

Thank you Gergely for the reply.

I have changed the values to 5004 and PG2_MR_1 on the PG server then when I checked them the PID has been automatically set to 5000.

What could be causing this weird behavior?

Regards,

Lara

Hi,

er... honestly, I don't know, never seen this behaviour before.

G.

Has the PIM gone active after correcting the values in setup?

G.

Very weird behavior, the pim is still switching to 5000..

Do I have to shutdown the other side when updating this side?

Regards,

Lara

Hi, yes, I would switch off the other side PG process - it looks like it overwrites the values entered by you in the registry.

G.

Hi,

After correcting the values, the PIM status is "Configured" on SideA and "Idle" on SideB.

Regards,

Lara

The same error is still appearing in the dialer log :

12:11:21:654 dialer-baDialer Trace: Attempting EMT connection to computer [172.16.142.23/172.16.142.23], port [40032] 

12:11:22:668 dialer-baDialer Trace: Unable to establish an EMT connection: 
12:11:22:668 dialer-baDialer Trace: error value [10060], text: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Attached are the dialer pim log files

Hi, did you restart the Dialer process as well?

Also can you double check the value of the MRPort entry in the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\<instance>\Dialer?

G.

The MRPort in the registery is 38001.

I cycled the Dialer process which is installed on SideA only but nothing has changed.

Regards,

Lara

Hi Gergely,

I just want to mention that we have Cisco Interaction Manager also installed and the EAAS service is listening to this port. could this be the problem?

Regards,

Lara 

Hi, yes, I noticed there's another PIM within that PG. I cannot tell you if it is a problem or not, I always used a completely new PG process if I had to build a UCCE with CIM and Outbound Option.

Do you have like five minutes to separate the two, I mean, create a completely new PG for the Dialer?

G.

Actually it is not supported to have 3 PGs configured as per cisco TAC. I once had a problem with CIM PIM and there were separate PGs for CIM and Outbound. when I opened a case with Cisco TAC this was the first thing noticed by the engineer and I had to add both PIMs under the same MR PG.

Regards,

Lara

Yeah, I do remember there was a limit but was not sure about the number of PG's. Apparently, you have already hit it with two PG's.

Anyway, I am sorry, I cannot think of anything else here.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: