Helpful
Replies

UCCE Outbound Dialer PIMs are Idle on both sides

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dears,

I have installed the Outbound Option as per the below steps:

- In Configuration Manager --> PG explorer: I have created a MR PG and a Dialer PIM.

- On the PG servers: I have added the Outbound PIMs on both sides and the Dialer component on PG SideA only.

The Dialer PIMs are idle on both pg servers.

Attached are screenshots of the configuration plus the pim logs.

Kindly can someone help me with this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

41 Replies 41

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Lara

looking at the Pim logs,

12:12:17:722 PG2A-pim1 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 172.16.142.25 port 38001. 
12:12:18:720 PG2A-pim1 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 172.16.146.35 port 38001

the MR pim is trying to connect to dialer on port 38001 for the ips 

i assume that one of the above is running dialer, so your PG is doing its job. something looks wrong with dialer process.

can you please post baDialer logs with configuration you have done while installing?

regards

Chintan

Hi Chintan,

Please find attached the Dialer configuration on PGA and the corresponding log file.

Regards,

Lara

Also I have attached the campaign manager log file from the Logger machine.

Regards,

Lara

i see below line in campaign manager logs 

Starting EMT Server on computer [ROGGERA/172.16.50.171], port [40032] 

if youe campaignmanager is running on 172.16.50.171 then why have you given 172.16.142.23 as campaign manager server in Dialer installation?

regards

Chintan

172.16.50.171 is RoggerA Private IP address.

Where do I have to change this config?

Regards,

Lara

Hi lara, i am not sure on that but it may reside somewhere in registry.

also please do check your logger A configuration(please run aging web setup tool and check all the things are placed correctly)

meanwhile instead of giving IP, try giving hostname ROGGERA in dialer setup and see if that works or not?

regards

Chintan

After adding the hostname instead of LoggerA IP address, the pim status is still bouncing between Configured, Activating and Shutdown.

The Logger configuration is correct.

Regards,

Lara

and what does the Dialer log shows? is still not able to make EMT connection?

we have to fix that first and make dialer to communicate to campaign manager first.

is 172.16.50.171 is directly reachable from dialer?

can you check by pinging it from PG side?

regards

Chintan

Hi,

The same error is still appearing in the Dialer log:

09:58:46:168 dialer-baDialer Trace: Attempting EMT connection to computer [ROGGERA/172.16.142.23], port [40032] 
09:58:47:182 dialer-baDialer Trace: Unable to establish an EMT connection: 
09:58:47:182 dialer-baDialer Trace: error value [10060], text: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Yes, 172.16.50.171 is pingeable from PGA.
Also attached in the Campaign Manager log file

sorry for trying out too many things but:

1) considering logger private interface is reachable by dialer, please check the same by telnet, issue below telnet from your dialer server to check the connectivity

telnet 172.16.50.171 40032

(you will see a blank screen if above telnet works and if port 40032 is rachable from PGA)

if above works, please reconfigure dialer to point campaign server as 172.16.50.171

and restart the dialer process and check if it works or not?

regards

Chintan

The Telnet was successful.

I have configured the dialer to point to 172.16.50.171 but still the same issue, the pim status is still bouncing.

Attached are the logs.

Hi Chintan,

The status of the Outbound pim is "Configured" on SideA. and in the Campaign Manager log I can see "10:59:00:182 la-CampaignManager Trace: Dialer on computer PGA is already connected"

I have attached the Campaign Manager and dialer logs.

Chintan, I have a small question: I have configured the Outbound PIM on both PG sides and the Dialer on SideA only. Is there anything wrong with this configuration?

Thank you.

Lara

oh, okay then one of your pim must be active if its duplex PG?

generally with sip dialer it works like this.

1) PGA has installed SIP dialer, and MRPGA.

2) MRPGA pim1 points to dialer on PGA side as primary and Dialer on PGB side as secondary.

3) PGB has installed SIP dialer(with the same dialer name), and MRPGB.

3) MRPGA pim1 points to dialer on PGB side as primary and Dialer on PGA side as secondary.

so if Dialer on PGA goes down, CM will instruct dialer on PGB to go active and in similar way pim also will switch the connection until it becomes active.

so as per your configuration, you have duplex PG but simplex dialer which again is not completely fault tolerant.

Regards

Chintan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: