Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCE - Queue to Agent - test if agent is Ready first

Hi,

I need to implement a script where the call is routed do a specific agent after a query on an external database - the last agent the customer has talked to should be the one getting the call.

The thing is that we need to, before routing the call to the agent, test if the agent is ready. If agent is not ready, the call should be routed to a Skill Group. I couldn't find anything in the formula editor where testing if agent is ready can be done.

One option I've think of is using the Queue to Agent step and, if call gets queued, using the Cancel Queuing step and then route the call to the Skill Group.

Does anyone know if this will work or if there's a better way of achieving this?

Thanks in advance!

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,actually, if you don't

Hi,

actually, if you don't need to know whether the agent is available or not, you just want to throw the call at the agent and let the call bounce back if the agent is not available, then you can choose to use the Agent To Agent node. You can either pass the agent Peripheral Number or SkillTargetID as a parameter (the third option would be to select the agent from a list, but this does not apply here).

For instance, I have a script like this:

Notice the "Node fails if agent is unavailable" option checked. This means that the ICM script tries to send the call to the agent referenced in the Call.user.preferredAgentIDs[index]. If it's not possible for any reason, the execution pointer will continue exiting the node's Fail branch.

Let me know whether this is something you can work with.

G.

7 REPLIES

The Q to Agent step is your

The Q to Agent step is your easiest way to go about this.

david

Hi David, Thanks, but the

Hi David,

Thanks, but the question is if there's any way of testing if the agent is ready.

Can you help on that?

Hi,there are two ways:- the

Hi,

there are two ways:

- the rough way: use CTI Server or CTI OS Monitor session information - this is more precise but may be a pain in the neck to program against it;

- the easier way: use an SQL command to take a look at ICM's Agent_Real_Time or Agent_Skill_Group_Real_Time views. Not so fresh, though, but a lot easier to work with.

I would personally choose the Application Gateway protocol to take a look at the above database views, but you can also use IP IVR if it's your IVR solution.

Let me know which approach you like.

G.

Hi all, I'm looking for

Hi all,

I'm looking for something similar where (AA script)

a) Caller will be entering the agent ID

b) Using queue to agent node, find the location of the agent

c) Route the call directly to the agent. Based on the discussion trail, this node doesn't care about the agent status?

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi,actually, if you don't

Hi,

actually, if you don't need to know whether the agent is available or not, you just want to throw the call at the agent and let the call bounce back if the agent is not available, then you can choose to use the Agent To Agent node. You can either pass the agent Peripheral Number or SkillTargetID as a parameter (the third option would be to select the agent from a list, but this does not apply here).

For instance, I have a script like this:

Notice the "Node fails if agent is unavailable" option checked. This means that the ICM script tries to send the call to the agent referenced in the Call.user.preferredAgentIDs[index]. If it's not possible for any reason, the execution pointer will continue exiting the node's Fail branch.

Let me know whether this is something you can work with.

G.

Hi Gergely, This seems to be

Hi Gergely,

This seems to be the best solution, even simpler than using the Queue to Agent and cancelling the queuing that I had in mind.

Looking at the expression you've used to define the agent's skill target, I wonder why you're using a variable with an index.

Thanks,

Zelino

Hi,well, I have an external

Hi,

well, I have an external application injecting information using the GED-145 (Application Gateway) protocol, it's actually a list of potential agents for that particular call. In my ICM script I have a loop and it steps over all agents within that list.

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content