cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Script Export/Import

ian-heath
Level 1
Level 1

If I export a script (using Script Editor) from UCCE (solution A) and then import it into a test UCCE (solution B) will I be able to view the script on solution B?

i.e. I know that the script files will enevitably reference information/objects contained in the DB of solution A.

Assuming these components are not in solution B what will the behaviour be?  i.e. in this instance will the import fail or will I actually be able to view the imported script (from A) in soltion B?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

To add a bit more detail.  When you import the script Script Editor will tell you all the missing objects, call types, skill groups, routes, call variables, etc.  Then you will have a chance to either replace them with new objects or just click finish.  At that point you will be able to see the script in edit mode, but can't really activate it until you fix all the errors.

david

View solution in original post

Hi,

Yes you can import,but it will still require manually fixing the errors in the script since it will be imported with broken links to various ICM objects.

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.

-Pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

You'll be able to view the script, but you won't be able to run it successfully if you have missing objects.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

To add a bit more detail.  When you import the script Script Editor will tell you all the missing objects, call types, skill groups, routes, call variables, etc.  Then you will have a chance to either replace them with new objects or just click finish.  At that point you will be able to see the script in edit mode, but can't really activate it until you fix all the errors.

david

Thanks guys.

One more question...

Will an exported script from a 8.0 system import into Script Editor on a 8.5 system?

Hi,

Yes you can import,but it will still require manually fixing the errors in the script since it will be imported with broken links to various ICM objects.

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.

-Pls rate helpful posts.

Good to know, thanks for the info.