Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE send a caller from agent to IVR and back to the same agent

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I am trying to come up with a way to implement the following logic in UCCE 7.5 with IP IVR 7.0

1. A caller gets to an agent and requests a service that requires identification
  2. The agent sends the caller back to IVR for identification
  3. UCCE reserves the agent. If caller hangs up the agent is chaged back to ready state.
  4. After authentication the caller is taken back to the same agent.

I am not sure how to do steps 3 and 4. I need to be sure that the agent will be available to take the call and not make the customer wait again in queue. I guess I just need a variable to store the agent ID and pass it to the other script so it can make a queue to agent step, but then how do I make the agent reserved or not ready (so he's not taken by another call) and then present the same call back to him? Then I need a way to monitor the customer's activity in IVR and notify the agent if the customer dropped the call.

Tough one...

Stoyan

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Don't see how the reservation could work.

But if the agent was automatically put into "work ready" after the call is sent back to the IVR, and the "work ready" timer is longer than the average time it takes for IVR identification, and you use a "queue to agent" at the highest priority, by the time the agent comes off the "work ready" timer they will get the IVR identified call rather than some random call waiting in the queue to skill group node.

Not convincing, but possible.

Regards,

Geoff

Or I should conference the IVR and not tranfer to it... But how will I update CAD browser with the data entered in IVR. Hm, should try this.

Conference could work. Good idea.

Regards,

Geoff

There are two approaches I see here.

1. The conference and have the IVR reply with an audible confirmation that the customer has been confirmed.  However, this would not really pass any data back to the agent.  You might need to have a 3rd party integration to see who was identifed.

2. Customize your desktop to attach the agent ICM ID to the call.  Have the agent transfer the call to your indetification IVR and then go to wrap up for 60 seconds or however long it takes to go through that IVR.  Then queue the call using a queue to agent node at a higher priority.  When the agent goes back to ready, it should receive the call that was transfered out.  This assumes that you get the timing correctly.

david

Br3ndaMca
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stoyan

I've been looking into the same thing, did you find a solution yet?  I had considered letting the Agent do a transfer to the IVR, collect the Agent ID (or if possible the instrument number they were currently logged in with) for routing back to the Agent.  Set the Agent to permanent Not Ready so they don't receive any other Contact Centre calls.  Let the IVR play out as long as it takes without having to calculate for retries etc. or leaving long delays before the agent can be reached again.   If I could only set the AgentID in the transfer script I would perform a database lookup on the ICM real time tables to find out what extension they were currently logged in with and route direct to that (reachable even if in the Not Ready state).  The main implication of this would be that I would lose visibility of the remainder of this call with regards the skill group statistics.  However, the default skill group could be set for each agent to account for this....not ideal as reporting would become more manual but still recorded at some level.

Regards

Brenda

Hello Brenda,

The customer decided that any solution would be too complicated and we should invest resources in more important stuff. We went with just requeuing the caller with the highest priority...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: