Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE SIP VS SCCP Phones

Ccoria1989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am designing an UCCE 9.0(2) with CUCM 9.1, CTIOS and CIPC (with BiB) and Calabrio but I have a question.

Which protocol do you recomend for this scenario SCCP or SIP?

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

2 Replies 2

FAISAL RASHID
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running PCCE 9.x with CUCM 8.6.2 and CTIOS (Finesse was a colossal disappointment because of latency issues), our phones are 7945/7975 series and we do use mediasense/calabrio combo. Phones are SCCP based because CUCM cluster was already in place when we deployed the CCE solution and didn't go for a separate dedicated CUCM cluster for CCE. The solution developer did recommend SIP over SCCP for contact center phones but we wanted to have symmetry in our Cluster and we never encountered any problem but with Cisco going more and more SIP based, you might want to consider SIP.

Thanks,

Faisal

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend SCCP for IPC devices and all 79XX series phones as it's been proven to work over the years and Cisco still defaults to SCCP for these devices. 

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: