Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE With IP IVR Lab setup

Trying tobeone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have searched enough through the support forum but was not able to find a satisfying answer and so am here raising this discussion. If you know please help me out as am new to the UCCE setup.

I have done the UCCE trainings and now i want to setup a lab setup for my own practice. So i want to know if am taking a laptop with below specs, will it be enough to simulate a single Sprawler, CUCM, IP IVR and AD.

Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor / 2.4 GHz / 4 Cores / 8 Thread (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) and equipped with 16 GB RAM DDR3 L1600

Any help is appreciated as i dont want to buy a machine which will be of no use.

Thanks - TT

4 Replies 4

Understand that this is not supported, but it should work, it's going to be very slow. If you can get one more machine for your UCM/UCCX, might make your life easier. Note that if things don't work as expected it could be because of the unsupported hardware.

david

Thanks David...

But is there any chance of setting up a basic lab for the time being as am not able to afford one more machine at this moment :(

Hi,

as David said, it's going to be really, really slow.

I once experimented with a similar setup, a desktop PC with a Core i5 (Sandy Bridge) CPU, 8GB RAM and a 240 GB SSD disk was running VMWare ESXi with a CUCM 7.1, IP IVR 7.0 and a Sprawler. For a UCCE demo it was sufficient.

What I would recommend you to do is to go and ask around server hosting companies. They usually offer used hardware for a certain period of time for competitive prices.

G.

Thanks Gergely,

Am looking to virtualize the same number of servers as you did but with a i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM.

Hope it will work fine :)