UCCE agent A dial a number for a person ,and the person no answer

when the person dial the IVR,the ICM can route the call to the agent A first

how can i do this

thanks very much

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bo Liu,

Please refer the section "Callbacks" from page 20 onwardsin the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/outbound_option/outboundoption8_0/installation/guide/icm80otb.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful post by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

View solution in original post

You should check the Scripting Guide for DBLookup config. For example, see "Scripting and Media Routing Guide" Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted Release 8.0(1), November 2011 page 49 and on.

You must use Unified ICM Configuration Manager to define the external database table and the columns that are to be referenced in scripts. For more information, see the Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Bo Liu,

I am not aware abot the second part of your query (let others comment on this), but for the first part itself, when an outbound call is made if if the customer is found to be a busy, you can try with "Schduled Call Back" option so that the same agent will dial out after some schduled time again to reach the same customer.

Thanks,

Anand

thanks for you reply very much!!

my customer require me  to implement the function:

a agent A dial an outbound call to his customer and the customer no answer the call

then when the customer call back , the call must be route to the agent A from the IVR first.........

the Schduled  Call Back option is also good but the customer  have no use for.......

for me i'm interested in the Schduled Call Back can you tell me how to implement it??

My english is very pool.....some sentence is translated by the software ... sorry....

Hi Bo Liu,

Please refer the section "Callbacks" from page 20 onwardsin the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/outbound_option/outboundoption8_0/installation/guide/icm80otb.pdf

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful post by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

My understanding of this question is that it has nothing to do with an Outbound Dialer.

Agents place outbound calls to customers from their agent phones. I don't know how they get the list of customers to call, but we have to presume there is a list. The customer does not answer, but the agent leaves a message on their answering machine to call the contact center. When they do call back, the original poster wants the call routed to the agent who placed the call and left the message.

One way to do this would be for the agent to say "please call our contact center on 800-555-1234 and enter agent ID 12345 at the prompt". 800-555-1234 would be a dedicated number for callbacks - there would be a different number for unsolicited calls to the contact center.

The IVR would say "please enter the agent ID" and the customer would enter "12345". Then UCCE would have a "Queue to Agent" node and queue the call to the agent whose peripheral number is 12345. Easy with a "Queue to Agent" node configured as implicit. The call would queue to that agent at high priority, and in the loop it would ask the customer if they would like to continue to wait for that agent, or be handled by any agent in the skill group for more immediate service.

The above would be straightforward.

Regards,

Geoff

hi geoff

thanks for you reply

your answer is useful in sometime....

but in china ... there is no answering machine .the people is unaccustomed to listen to the message.

so ..in most cases,if the customer no answer,the customer didn't know which agent dial he

i want to know , whether the icm can do that binding the agend ID and the dialed number

i ask avaya enginer , he say the avaya call center can do this

OK, I understand. The agent does not leave a message, so why does the customer call back? Does the customer call back simply because they have a missed call on their phone? I don't bother myself.

Anyway, what else can we do? The obvious solution is the customer's number - from ICM's point of view, their ANI. If we can do an ANI lookup on all calls, we could do the routing. We would need to set up DBLookup - and the table would check to see if the ANI is there, and if so, return the agent ID and we do queue to agent as above.

How do we get an entry in the table? Do we overwrite entries. How long do entries last?

What needs to happen is when the agent places a call and the customer does not answer, a row needs to be added to the table. There are many ways to do this and you will have to find the one that is best for you.

What we don't want to happen is Agent A calls Customer on Monday and entry gets added, but customer does not call back on Monday. Then Agent B calls Customer on Tuesday and customer calls back - we want to queue to agent B. So the insert into the table needs to first check to see if the ANI exists already - and if so, update the agent ID.

I think you need some sort of purge job. I don't think we want the table to continually grow.

You could attach a timestamp to each entry and have a purge job running each night to delete old entries. I'm not sure what you can tolerate here,

I like the 80-20 rule: get 80% of the functionality working and allow the other 20% to come later as enhancements. If you try for 100% right off the bat, it can take too long and the customer doesn't get that immediate return.

So - a simple SQL Scheduled Job to delete the rows every night at midnight is an 80-20 strategy.

(PS. Avaya guys always say that.)

Regards,

Geoff

hi  geoff

i known in ICM script edit has a node "DB lookup"

but i don't known how to config the external database

in ICM config manager have a Database Lookup Explorer , how to config it??

before install icm i must install SQL SERVER , can i use the SQL??

bo liu
Level 4
Level 4

e....

how can i do this??

i means i known in ICM script have a node is DB lookup

and in config magange have a Database lookup explorer

but i don't known how to config it......

the sql server

before i setup icm i must install a SQL can i use this??

someone can help me ???

You should check the Scripting Guide for DBLookup config. For example, see "Scripting and Media Routing Guide" Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted Release 8.0(1), November 2011 page 49 and on.

You must use Unified ICM Configuration Manager to define the external database table and the columns that are to be referenced in scripts. For more information, see the Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise and Hosted.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi geoff

thanks for you reply,i will see you share the document~~