Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5 API interaction

Robturner1
Level 1
Level 1

Morning

My company are currently looking at trying to build an in-house ATP application so that we can move away from an external provider.  I have been asked to look into whether or not a UCCX script will be able to capture key tones and upload them to a webpage to confirm customer data and payment, ie account number/payment ammounts.  I have been trying to research this online and have not come up with anything so was wondering if anyone else has managed to have a script that runs like this.

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi, The short answer is yes, UCCX can collect the Customer account number etc and process on it (like passing it as parameter to HTTP (GET and POST )requests).

Thanks

I don't suppose that you have an example of this in the script format?

I or anyone else cant help on scripting unless we have the exact requirement.

So Please let us know the call flow what you are looking for exactly and in what formet and what parameters you want to pass to the website etc.

The call will be getting passed from an active campaign to an automated script.

It will request the users account number and capture it as a parameter which will be uploaded to the web app and receive a confirmation.
After the confirmation, I am wanting the script to capture the payment amount and the card number as parameters and again uploaded to the web app.

I have tried to setup a script with prompts requesting the required details and have created String parameters to capture the inputs. I just am unsure on how the input is captured into the parameter and then uploaded to the web app

//I am wanting the script to capture the payment amount and the card number as parameters and again uploaded to the web app.//

This is too generic statement, Can you try to work with your devloper and work on try to come up with request and response structure for your web application you are planning the data to?

There are ceratin standerd on dealing with HTTP operation as below

https://www.w3schools.com/TagS/ref_httpmethods.asp

And also there are also ways HTTP reponse can be given back to client. so you have nailed down what the HTTP request looks like and what the successful response will also look like and later we can decide the best way to use the steps in UCCX script to do that operation.

Thanks,

I will speak with my developer

I have been looking into the script and this is what I have come up with. Could I get some input on if these are the correct controls to be able to perform the task of interacting with a webapp to take the payments?

That might not be the correct way to do that but i am not sure what did you speak to your developer about and using what method (HTTP GET or POST) you are invoking the web service and whats the Request/Response formate (XML/JSON/Multipart etc).

Please explore the Make Rest Call step available in uccx script editor and see if its helpful.

Thanks,

I am now looking at using the rest call to interact with the API.  my developer has asked for me to send a JSON file as a get to the API to check for the user account and then will respond with a JSON true or false as to whether the accout exsists.

I have added a variable for a document, and this will be used as the body sent to API.

would this be a better method?

What? I'm not sure I understand your use case, can you break it down a bit more. What do you mean capture key tones?

david

By capture tones, I mean that when the prompt asks for the account number, when the keys on the phone are pressed, UCCX will capture it as a parameter and upload it to the app and wait for a response to if the account number is valid.

If I receive a valid response, I will ask for payment amount, capture the amount entered as a parameter and again send to the app, same for card number.  

this is a potential replacement to a 3rd party payment line 

Robturner1
Level 1
Level 1
Bump
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: