cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5 Release Field Communication

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) Version 10.5 has recently been released. UCCX Version 10.5 contains many new features, bug fixes, and serviceability improvements.

Although information on all of these new features is documented in the Solution Reference Network Design (SRND) and Release Notes (RN)  documents published with the release, we wanted to give you more information on some of the changes in UCCX Version 10.5. Explanation of these changes is intended to raise awareness of important points on how a UCCX 10.5 system is designed, installed, and upgraded.

The document below contains the UCCX 10.5 release communication. Please use this discussion to ask any questions or seek clarification on the topics raised within the document.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/118099-technote-cucm-00.html

7 Replies 7

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

The release notes for UCCX 10.5 seem to indicate that the ACD line for Finesse agents/supervisors must be Line 1 on the phone, it that correct?  Is there a more explicit statement to that effect in another Cisco document?  I’ve not been able to find one.

The statement in the release notes is under New Features, Finesse Multiline Support:

Finesse supports the use of multiple lines on agent phones. You can configure one or more secondary lines on an agent phone. The first four lines (one ACD line and the next three secondary lines) are monitored for setting the agent's state.

Hi,

Yes, the previous multi-line behavior still holds true for Finesse in 10.5. The ICD extension has to be on any of the first four button positions on the phone. The current documentation is misleading and I will get it corrected via CSCuq21447. I double checked by testing this on Finesse in 10.5 as follows:

1. ICD extension in button position 1 - Login successful

2. ICD extension in button position 4 - Login successful

3. ICD extension in button position 5 - Login unsuccessful

Reference CSCue57581, CSCtw68030 and CSCtj08709 still apply.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,

Ryan

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5
When will UCCX support shared lines for the agent extension? This limitation is a major pain point in the field. Many other Cisco UC clients including Jabber and the Unified Attendant console suite have no issues with shared lines. These two clients simply ask the user which device they want to use when they login, and then any CTI control initiated from the client is then sent to the selected phone. This limitation in UCCX prevents companies from having their agents use desk phones when in the office and jabber when wanting to take ACD calls when working remotely. Is shared line support for ACD lines on the roadmap?

Hi,

I checked on this a few months ago and it wasn't on the roadmap. I haven't heard of it being on the roadmap since then but will pass along your feedback to the PM team. If they choose to put it on the roadmap or share an alternative solution for the future, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Ryan

Any updates on the shared line limitation? We would really like our call center agents to be able to take ACD calls from either their deskphone or Jabber for iPhone through corp wifi.

Hi,

Unfortunately no updates. This is still not on the roadmap as far as I know. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi,

Any updates on this ? I have a same issue. Is it on the roadmap ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: