Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 10.5 VMtools

Hello,

I recently upgraded UCCX from 8.5 to 10.5 and am having trouble installing VMtools.   Reading the instructions on the Cisco's Docwiki, it looks like I am supposed to use method 2

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/VMware_Tools

I have tried per the instructions and the old VMtools were uninstalled and UCCX rebooted but the new tools did not get installed nor did UCCX reboot a 2nd time.   I can only assume I'm missing a step somewhere.

1. When I click install VMtools in VSphere and choose interactive, it is my understanding that this mounts the CD drive so the tools can be installed.
  2.  Where should my CD drive for my UCCX guest be pointed before clicking install VMtools?
  3. Do the tools get installed from the existing ESXi installation or do I need to have an ESXi ISO with tools included that I need to point my CD drive to?   I've read conflicting information about this.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's super simple and I've

It's super simple and I've done it a number of times, the most recent was last week.  If it's failing on you, it's not likely your fault, rather a fault of the upgrade process which you'll likely get the run around between Cisco and VMWare support.

1. Your understanding is correct.

2. No where, anywhere, it doesn't matter really, because the vmtools CD will be mounted regardless

3. ESXi is bundled with the proper vmtools version and therefore you don't need to do anything extra

Whether or not your UCCX rebooted once or twice is probably less important to the fact that it failed to upgrade.  What I mean is, if it rebooted once and still upgraded, I wouldn't worry about it rebooting a second time a few days later.  It's either going to reboot once or twice right now, or not.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
2 REPLIES

It's super simple and I've

It's super simple and I've done it a number of times, the most recent was last week.  If it's failing on you, it's not likely your fault, rather a fault of the upgrade process which you'll likely get the run around between Cisco and VMWare support.

1. Your understanding is correct.

2. No where, anywhere, it doesn't matter really, because the vmtools CD will be mounted regardless

3. ESXi is bundled with the proper vmtools version and therefore you don't need to do anything extra

Whether or not your UCCX rebooted once or twice is probably less important to the fact that it failed to upgrade.  What I mean is, if it rebooted once and still upgraded, I wouldn't worry about it rebooting a second time a few days later.  It's either going to reboot once or twice right now, or not.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Great, thanks for the

Great, thanks for the verification Anthony.

Glenn

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content