cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.5 Upgrade install Not Aknowledging Completion

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on upgrading our UCCX HA nodes running System version: 10.6.1.10000-39 to 11.5.1.10000-61. I am practicing the upgrade in a lab environment. 

When I run the upgrade, the upgrade appears to be successful, but will still say "running" indefinitely. If I then reboot the machine, the inactive version is 11.5, but I get the message "error.switch.uccx.ovfmismatch"  when I try to switch versions. 

I then power off the virtual machine, upgrade the RAM from 8gb to 10gb, and power it back on. After this upgrade I am able to switch the versions VIA the GUI. but not the CLI. I get an error message from the CLI, but the switch version works from the GUI. 

My questions:

1. Am I missing a COP file or something? I looked in documentation, but could find nothing. 

2. Has anyone seen this problem where the installation appears to succeed but is stuck at the screen that says "running"?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

3 Replies 3

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use command :

file view install system-history.log

On CLI, to check the status of upgrade.

Jim Pilgrim
Level 5
Level 5

Thank you for the note on this one.  The 11.5 OVF requires 10GB and it can be easily missed if you are just upgrading and not doing a fresh install.  Your note of issue on this helped me not spend hours looking for a solution.  Thank you.

This ridiculously stupid software also blocks you from switching versions if you gave the VM more memory than the OVF specified.  I had to take it from 8 to 10 for an 11.6 upgrade, so figured I'll just bump it from 8 to 12 instead, version switch at the end errors with error.switch.uccx.ovfmismatch until I set it back to 10.