Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UCCX 4.0(5) to 7.0(1) Upgrade - DMT

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282467017/23664/UCCX_HR-DataMigration_Guide_4.0.5x_to_7.0.1.pdf

If I read this document above (page 3 ) it states "Restore operation is not supported on a HA deployment model", now what does that actually mean?

Does it mean the 4.0(5) can't be HA or the 7.0(1) can't be HA, or both?

If I read this document:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ccbu/CRS/uccx_data_migrator/UCCX_DataMigrationTool_Guide_405x-701.pdf

There are various indications discussing abount upgrade from a 4.0(5) HA (example pages 22,37,50). It seems to imply to me that you can indeed upgrade from a 4.0(5) HA, but the 7.0(1) system must not be HA at the point of DMT import, but can be afterwards. I vaguely remember reading another forum thread, which I can't locate now, where someone suggested that the 4.0(5) must first be "regressed" down to a single node deployment before running DMT. The information in the documents above to me seem to imply that you don't need to do that, but there is a step indicating at some point the 2nd lot of CTI Ports must be removed from CUCM.

Anyone know for sure who has tried this process?

Also if you have run this, does it definately import all details such as scripts/prompts/config?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: UCCX 4.0(5) to 7.0(1) Upgrade - DMT

Hi

I used the earlier (Historic Data only) on a production system and in the lab, and it exported fine from a HA system. As you suggested, you had to run it before adding HA.

I believe this restriction comes from the config tables (i.e. those that contain campaign info, triggers, agents etc) which aren't replicated via SQL; they're written to both nodes as changes occur (hence no changes when one node is down).

I've not tried the new version, but it does claim to do the config/data elements as well now... which is nice.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

I used the earlier (Historic Data only) on a production system and in the lab, and it exported fine from a HA system. As you suggested, you had to run it before adding HA.

I believe this restriction comes from the config tables (i.e. those that contain campaign info, triggers, agents etc) which aren't replicated via SQL; they're written to both nodes as changes occur (hence no changes when one node is down).

I've not tried the new version, but it does claim to do the config/data elements as well now... which is nice.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Community Member

Thanks Aaron, thats good to know.

The first document is sort of misleading as it implies this can't be done in a HA model at all (doesn't specify they mean the 7.0 system). Maybe they'll update that at some point to be more clear.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content