cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 4.x CAD silent un-install?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

We are upgrading clients from UCCX 4x and trying to silent un-install the old Cisco Agent Desktop, then install the new Cisco Agent Desktop via LanDesk package.

Any way to silent un-install the old CAD?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not that I'm aware of - at least, not a 'supported' way. The install for CAD with 4.x isn't great.

Any program is a combination of things:

-Reg keys (i.e. uninstall info, info in HKLM/Software etc)

-Files

All the required bits to delete are listed in the CAD service guide for 4.x, which I'll attach to this post.

I'd write my own script that will remove each of these elements, at that point you could then deploy your new version.

I'm not familiar with LanDesk but I'm sure it will allow you some method of scripting reg/file maintenance.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts!!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

elaverriere
Level 1
Level 1

The following registry entries contain the uninstall commands that add/remove programs uses. The uninstall will not run silently, but it will not require any user intervention.

Supervisor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3e2f65e8-7773-11d4-8466-0001031c0c0b}\QuietUninstallString

Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3f2eeaa1-1f49-11d4-8770-00105aa752a8}\QuietUninstallString

Base

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{536a8cd0-f07e-11d4-849f-0001031a6a35}\QuietUninstallString

This worked flawlessly. I created a batch file that uninstalled this perfectly. Thank you!