I will be adding an HA server to an existing UCCX 5.0 implementation. I have a few questions:
1) Do I need a totally new Cisco OS 2003 CD or can I reuse the software? (Any issues with Windows Security Identifier?)
Well, the OS 2003 CD is a OEM license for Windows software. The platform install must recognize the Cisco MCS hardware to load (though it will load in vmware and will require activation if you do this). If you are asking does the Cisco OS 2003 DVD give you a license that you can load on any server you please, then the answer is: no. If you are asking if you can use the same media and it will work. I believe so, just have the licenses in case you are audited.
2) Do I need to purchase the Cisco SQL 2000 CD? Would that be something that wouldn't have come in a UCCX order with the OS and UCCX software?
When you order the UCCX server with High Availability, it comes with MS SQL 2000. Part of the reason that HA has an additional cost is due to the fact that Cisco needs to pay Microsoft for the SQL server license. So, yes you need to make a purchase. NOTE: You also need a special license from Cisco to enable High Availability (HA). You can upgrade your existing license and work with your Cisco or partner account team to get the right software/pricing.
Order of Operation:
1) Install SQL 2000 on existing production server
2) Install OS and UCCX on new Server
3) Install SQL 2000 on HA server
Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance for any help.
At a high level, that sounds correct. See the installation guide and this link to fine tune your process:
Bill, Thank you for the detailed and quick response. I appreciate it.
1) I was just asking if you could reuse the same media. Thanks for the reply.
2) The server wasn't ordered originally with High Availability. This server was set up as a single node UCCX server and has been in production for a couple of years. They had another MCS server that was just lying around. Now, they want to make this a UCCX HA environment using the unused server. They just purchased the HA license but don't have OS or UCCX software that was ordered specifically for the unused server.
So it sounds like they will need to order the Cisco SQL Server 2000 software.
What do I need to do to convert the single node server that is already in production to be the first node in the new HA setup?
You would want the same software on both server, yes.
The important part is that you have the same version of the application, but the OS upgrade also includes patches for SQL. If you apply different levels of OS patching, you'll probably end up with slight differences in the SQL version, and it won't add the secondary node to the cluster.
Please rate helpful posts...
Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...
This document describe how DST changes and how time changes are
implemented in DST. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of
setting the clocks forward 1 hour from standard time during the summer
months, and back again in the fall, in order to make b...