cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 packages

Jeff Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I am new to UCCX and we are looking at bringing this product into our organization. My question is, if we purchase the standard package and later on decide we want to benefit from some of the additional features from enhance OR premium, is just a license upgrade or it is fresh install.

Thanks in Advance.

~Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's simly a license upgrade. The license upgrade will uncover some of the additional subsystems.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's simly a license upgrade. The license upgrade will uncover some of the additional subsystems.

HTH,

Chris

In the reverse, if we have installed Premium, and want to turn on HA, but only have Enhanced licenses for agents, can we downgrade the Premium to Enhanced via license file?

Or reinstall? Will an Enhanced and Premium server work together via HA? My guess is no.

Why would you want to downgrade? Premium give you HA just like Enhanced.

Chris

cost of the agent upgrade from STD to ENH is $855 per agent

to Premium is $1455 per agent.

You said you already have Premium, did I misunderstood?

If you have standard and want to upgrade to Enhanced then you will need to get an upgrade part number, I doubt Cisco will let you downgrade.

Chris

Just to add, when you install UCCX there is no difference between Premium/Enhanced/Standard installer it's the license that makes it one or the other. So, when you say you installed Premium but you have Enhanced agent licenses it makes no sense.

Chris

its a unique situation. they have standard 4. they want ha. we ordered premium for the second sever but now they need to upgrade licensing for first server and agents. premium is expensive so trying to figure out if we do enhanced or premium

It depends if they need the premium features, if not then you will need to work out the licensing with Cisco, you can RMA them if you just got them.

Chris

so back to the original question is it a license change or a reinstall?

Simply a license change, no need to re-install, license files can be removed using the CET utility.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Where can i find the CET utility?

-Peter

run it from command line.

is it the following file on the crs server?

c:\program files\wfavvid\cet.bat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: