Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 problem with LDAP

kalashnikovsg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use UCCX 5.0 with CUCM 6.2. This is new installation. CAD can't connect to LDAP server. When I open CAD, the following message is appeared: "The License and Resource Manages may be down".

CAD Log:

VERSION INFO: LDAPClientDLL.dll: Product <Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 5.0> Version <6.4.2.12> Pri Build <5.0> Special Build < >.

2008-06-16 13:40:26.968 INFO LC0012 LDAPConnectionMgr::EstablishConnection:: Failed to bind to LDAP server on <172.28.0.14>: <-1> <Can't contact LDAP server>

2008-06-16 13:40:28.296 INFO LC0012 LDAPConnectionMgr::EstablishConnection:: Failed to bind to LDAP server on <172.28.0.14>: <-1> <Can't contact LDAP server>

2008-06-16 13:40:28.296 INFO LC0003 ConnectionMgr::Connect:: Currently in recovery.

2008-06-16 13:40:28.328 INFO LC0003 ConnectionMgr::Connect:: Currently in recovery.

2008-06-16 13:40:28.468 INFO LRM_1000 CLrmcApiBase::GetActiveLRM: Failed to connect to ldap.

I have alrady reloaded the service "Cisco Desctop LDAP Monitor Service", but it doesn't help.

Need help!

4 Replies 4

kalashnikovsg
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was solved by reinstalling UCCX.

May be a bit late but I had the same issue and was able to solve it.

The reason of this is that you don't configured the correct IP address on the server before UCCx installation. The installer then populates the wrong information in the registry. The Agent Desktop then boots and fetches the wrong LDAP server IP address and is not able to connect. This is undocumented but I found out using the registry editor.

On the UCCx server, open up regedit and go to:

HKLM\Software\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup

Search for those two keys:

IOR Hostname and LDAP Host 1.

Change the IP address to the correct IP address and reboot the server.

Then re-run the postinstall executable on the client in the Agent Desktop installation folder.

I did it like this and it fixed my problems.

You'll probably have the same issue if you change the IP address of the UCCx server.

Please rate this post if it is helpfull.

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Did you try to run PostInstall.exe on the Desktop.

Br

Ikram

sure and that doesn't work. it produces an error itself.

The reason why is because the UCCx server passes the LDAP IP address to the client when it boots. If it is wrong on the server, the client tries to connect to the wrong IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: