Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 5.0 Upgrade Package

All,

Currently we have IPCCX 405. We have purchased CCX 5.0 Upgrade package (CCX-50-PRE-PRE-UPG). We received the box that contains a few CDs and DVDs. I could not find SQL DVD which is needed if install UCCX 5.0 HA. My questions are:

1. Should SQL be included in this box?

2. Can I use the SQL DVD from IPCCX Premium 405 package?

3. I got the license from Cisco using the PAK number from this box. This license contains Seat licenses and server license. In IPCCX 405, MCS server 7835 and 7845 have different licenses. I did not see any platform related info in the license file. Can I use this license for any type of MCS servers?

4. Is this the only license I need for UCCX 5 to run?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: UCCX 5.0 Upgrade Package

1 and 2) If you are doing a UCSS upgrade from the PUT, they expect you to reuse the SQL disc so Cisco doesn't have to pay another royalty to Microsoft. There is a SQL Reuse utility that use need to use for this.

Readme for SQL CD Reuse Utility: http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282360324/22487/Readme__for_SQL_CD_Reuse_Utility.pdf

3 and 4) If you register this PAK key, it will generate an upgrade LIC file. You add this and your previous seat and server licenses to a ZIP file. You then supply this ZIP file with all licenses during install of CCX 5. Do NOT loose your previous LIC files. Cisco licensing will require proof of eligibility (I.E. the Cisco Sales Order numbers from each order that you obtained those licenses from) to get a replacement issued. This takes a lot of effort for most customers to dig up.

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

1 and 2) If you are doing a UCSS upgrade from the PUT, they expect you to reuse the SQL disc so Cisco doesn't have to pay another royalty to Microsoft. There is a SQL Reuse utility that use need to use for this.

Readme for SQL CD Reuse Utility: http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282360324/22487/Readme__for_SQL_CD_Reuse_Utility.pdf

3 and 4) If you register this PAK key, it will generate an upgrade LIC file. You add this and your previous seat and server licenses to a ZIP file. You then supply this ZIP file with all licenses during install of CCX 5. Do NOT loose your previous LIC files. Cisco licensing will require proof of eligibility (I.E. the Cisco Sales Order numbers from each order that you obtained those licenses from) to get a replacement issued. This takes a lot of effort for most customers to dig up.

Thanks a lot. I will test this shortly. 5 points for your great help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content