Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 7.0(1) E-Mail

I'm slightly confused by a few things and having problems getting this working.

I have the icons at the top of the CAD, but they are both greyed out.

I have configured a "Mail Server" and "E-Mail address" in appadmin under "subsystems/Email".

But also in the web Desktop Administrator there is a section for "Agent Email Settings" which I can't seem to get it to accept any combination under the IMAP/SMTP settings.

A few questions:

1) What is the relationship between what is done in appadmin and the desktop administrator?

2) How many different email address queues can be built? It seems only a single email address for the whole system maybe? I can't see where a relationship of a different incoming email address is assigned to a queue, only a send email address in desktop administrator.

3) What are the ports and examples settings for the Desktop Administrator E-mail settings Global Settings? (in the documentation it shows settings with just a single name against the "Username" part, but in the actual explanation it shows a format of domain/account/alias).

Any hints on how to get this working greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: UCCX 7.0(1) E-Mail

1) None. The AppAdmin Email Subsystem is for performing SMTP operations within a script. CDA's Agent Email Settings configuration is for configuring the email routing capabilities.

2) You need to create Email type CSQs within AppAdmin. You will then have the ability to assign one or more email addresses within CDA for that CSQ.

3) I have mine configured with the UPN format (username@domain.fqdn); however, whatever value your IMAP and SMTP service are expecting is what goes here. The same story for ports: Whatever your mail server is running on. Note there is a bug for secure IMAP that was fixed in 7.0(1)SR3.

5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

1) None. The AppAdmin Email Subsystem is for performing SMTP operations within a script. CDA's Agent Email Settings configuration is for configuring the email routing capabilities.

2) You need to create Email type CSQs within AppAdmin. You will then have the ability to assign one or more email addresses within CDA for that CSQ.

3) I have mine configured with the UPN format (username@domain.fqdn); however, whatever value your IMAP and SMTP service are expecting is what goes here. The same story for ports: Whatever your mail server is running on. Note there is a bug for secure IMAP that was fixed in 7.0(1)SR3.

Thanks for the reply.

So in the Email Global Settings, does that just have to be any email address at all as you can only enter one. The CSQ part lets you attribute specific email addresses to each Queue, but I'm assuming the global address is any just to allow a connection to the email server?

hi guys

is there any good doc for configuring email routing in UCCX ?

thank you

I have experienced the greyed out buttons...I eventually fixed it on accident by resetting the password in the Desktop Administrator -> Agent Email Settings -> Global Settings

Not sure if this will fix yours but I hope it helps.

I am running 7.0(1)_SR3 and was able to get everything setup after much work. I actually was able to see an email show up in the agent desktop, but when I clicked to open it I got a system error.

In addition, I just went back this morning to do more debugging and the Cisco Desktop Agent E-Mail Service is showing up as an invalid service and I cannot restart it.

Has anyone run into this? Has anyone gotten agent email to work 100%?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content