Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

UCCX 7.0 Install Configuration Error

I have a UCCX 7.0 installation that I have patched to 7.0(1) sr5 per a previous post.  The layout is thus:

CMBE 7.1(3) with LDAP integration

UCCX 7.0(1)sr5

I have created the following users in Active Directory:

AXLAdmin

jtapiUser

rmcmUser

When performing the integration portion in AppAdmin, I add the CTI and rmcm Servers and propogate with the jtapiUser and rmcmUser accounts respectively, however, this seems to be failing and I'm not sure where.  I believe it to be due to the LDAP integration since, IIRC, the jtapi user is created by UCCX but since CMBE is LDAP, this negates adding users (like I said, I don't recall if the jtapi user is created by UCCX).

Nonetheless, I have created the accounts in LDAP and they show up in CallManager.

The error I am receiving is:

User Configuration
     Configuration - Error

Error occurred while performing the operation. Please contact your System Administrator. You may refer to Application Administration logs for more details

Additionally, the logs are showing all sorts of things:

MADM: LIB_AXL-3-EXCEPTION in <bunches of places>

MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:CallManagerConfigServlet.writeRmcmConfig - Error in writing JTAPI Config data.

As I mentioned, I read a post that stated patching the box fixes this, however, that did not appear to resolve things.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: UCCX 7.0 Install Configuration Error

The three accounts you mentioned there are Application Users, not End Users. As such they will not exist in Active Directory. The CCX installation documentation will instruct you to create the AXL account with Super User rights. CCX will then create the second two accounts for you.

Installation Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

The three accounts you mentioned there are Application Users, not End Users. As such they will not exist in Active Directory. The CCX installation documentation will instruct you to create the AXL account with Super User rights. CCX will then create the second two accounts for you.

Installation Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

That did the trick!  Contrary to my post statement, I did have the AXLAdmin created as an Application User - I had fat fingered and not added to the correct group. My troubleshooting then went to places other than double-checking my work!

Thanks much for the speedy reply!

ps: would love to rate this post and mark as "answered"...but there ain't no button...

Message was edited by: r.stockton added "ps"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content