Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

UCCX 7.0 - Priority Queuing work around with default licence?

Hi All

Does any one know a work around I could implement to achieve Priority queuing in UCCX 7.0? Obviously you need to have an premium or enhanced license to use the set priority step. Just wondering if any one has any ideas how I could implement some thing similar with out using this step?

Thanks!!

Matt

2 REPLIES

Re: UCCX 7.0 - Priority Queuing work around with default licence

I don't know that this is possible.  At least, not while keeping the integrity of the normal_queue intact.  See below.

There are two situations to account for here:

1. normal_queue is empty and you need a new priority caller to be answered next

2. normal_queue is loaded with callers, and you need a new priority caller to be answered next

#1 is straight foward, because normal_queue is empty, the next agent will get the call.

#2 is a bit trickier.  You could pseudo queue callers by just placing them on hold and looping while the p1_all_day_long queue still has contacts waiting.  Otherwise, if you actually queue them, there would be a race for an available agent, and the longest waiting contact will when win, regardless of the queue name.

Example of a normal_queue strategy - this will allow the priority queue to empty before handling normal calls

label queue_loop

p1_callers = get reporting stats(p1_all_day_long, contacts waiting)

if (p1_callers <= 0)

true

select resource (normal_queue)

connected

end

queued

dequeue (normal_queue)

goto queue_music

false

label queue_music

place call hold

delay 5

goto queue_loop

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Bronze

Re: UCCX 7.0 - Priority Queuing work around with default licence

Hi Anthony

Thanks for the explanation. We are currently testing this in the lab. I will let you know how it goes.

Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies