Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX 7.0 to UCCX 8.0 (1) upgrade and migrate to VM

Hello Experts,

I am looking at upgrading UCCX 7.0 to UCCX 8.0. Version 7 is running on MCS. The client doesn't want to use the MCS box anymore and want to use their exisiting VMware infrastructure running on HP DL 380 G7, Dual Xeon X5670 2.93Ghz. The client also wants to change the IP address on the exisinting UCCX install. What would be an easy way to accomplish this? I am thinking of the following:

Pre Upgrade task:

1. Change the IP address on version 7 and make necessary changes to CAD as well.

Upgrade task:

1. Install version 8.0 (1) on VM. Since version 8.0 is NOT available on bootable media, I have to install 7.x on VM and upgrade that to 8.0 (1). Is there a better way of doing this?

2. After Version 8.0 (1) is installed on VMware, run PUT on the physical version 7.0 box and migrate the date over to the VM.

3. I am not sure how the licensing would work in the upgrade and migration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

OJ Bansal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Sure, go to cisco.com/upgrade, login, enter your support contract and you will be able to request an upgrade to desired version.  You will receive the install DVD media (bootable) as well as Product Authorization Key (PAK).  You will use the PAK to register the license on cisco.com/go/license.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

5 REPLIES

OJ,

Cisco vitalization is supported on spec based servers only as long as they meet all requirements, which you can find here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support

so, make sure the hardware is exactly what is supported, otherwise it will not be a supported deployment.

When you say version 8 is not available as bootable media?  Did you order the upgrade through Cisco PUT portal? Not only will you need to do that in order to receive bootable version 8 but also to receive the licenses PAK.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for your response Chris.

The supported hardware on the spec sheet is DL380 G6 but the client has DL380 G7. I am thinking that DL380 G7 is on Cisco's roadmap and will be supported very soon.

No, I am mentioning the software that you can download from Cisco's "download software" section. Can you please elaborate on how the PUT tool will work?

Thanks in advance for you response.

Regards

OJ

Sure, go to cisco.com/upgrade, login, enter your support contract and you will be able to request an upgrade to desired version.  You will receive the install DVD media (bootable) as well as Product Authorization Key (PAK).  You will use the PAK to register the license on cisco.com/go/license.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris.

During the migration from 7.0 to 8.0 would 7.0 still be licensed?

Regards

OJ Bansal

7.0 license was not tied to MAC address on UCCX so it should work on any machine.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content