Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.01 and HA

I am looking for install guide for adding HA.  I have added the Node to the cluster.  I looking for something that coveres what services to select and how to setup the Route Points.  Agents are able to failover over but I am not getting the route points to register with the second node.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Donald,

-Make sure the ports 71001-71150 are associated to your Unified CM Provider user (ex- Jtapi_1).  Make sure the route points are associated to this user as well.  I expect these are OK because your first server works, but it's good to be sure.

-Was a second Unified CM provider created (ex-Jtapi_2)?  If so, are any Route Points associated to it?

-Make sure the DN range 71151-71300 is not in use on CUCM.  UCCX will skip over DNs already in use, but If UCCX can't find enough available DNs to create the CTI ports the creation will fail.

-Once a range is available, you can try de-activating and re-activating the Engine on Node 2 through the Component Activation page (accessible with a link off the control center).  During the activation, you should see the process creating a second Unified CM Provider user, and then you should see it creating new CTI ports in the 71151-71300 range.

-If the DN range was free but the CTI ports still couldn't be created on CUCM, it would be best to open a TAC case for detailed troubleshooting.  It will be helpful to gather the MADM logs (C:\Program Files\wfavvid\log\MADM on the server who's AppAdmin page you are using) that cover the timeframe of the engine activation.

Thanks,

Brendan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Did u add the Node on existing UCCX server or its totally a new installation and do you have a license for HA. The admin guide would help you to configure Route Point and CTI ports and for 2nd node u need to add more CTI ports in CUCM with the same Route Point.

It was an upgrade from 4.03 single node.  The upgrade included HA, yes the license for HA was added.  I was looking at the install guide.  Are you saying the admin guide has this information?

bshank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Donald,

When you added the second node, did it successfully create the additional CTI ports?  For example, if you had a CTI port group with DNs 3000-3099, adding the second node should create CTI ports 3100-3199 in the same port group.  Since you mentioned the route points aren't registering, I'm curious about the CTI ports as well.  If it did successfully create these ports on CUCM, are they showing registered?

Thanks,

Brendan

No it did not create any CTI ports.  Currently I only have the ports that were created before the upgrade which was a standalone.

71001 - 71150.

Hi Donald,

-Make sure the ports 71001-71150 are associated to your Unified CM Provider user (ex- Jtapi_1).  Make sure the route points are associated to this user as well.  I expect these are OK because your first server works, but it's good to be sure.

-Was a second Unified CM provider created (ex-Jtapi_2)?  If so, are any Route Points associated to it?

-Make sure the DN range 71151-71300 is not in use on CUCM.  UCCX will skip over DNs already in use, but If UCCX can't find enough available DNs to create the CTI ports the creation will fail.

-Once a range is available, you can try de-activating and re-activating the Engine on Node 2 through the Component Activation page (accessible with a link off the control center).  During the activation, you should see the process creating a second Unified CM Provider user, and then you should see it creating new CTI ports in the 71151-71300 range.

-If the DN range was free but the CTI ports still couldn't be created on CUCM, it would be best to open a TAC case for detailed troubleshooting.  It will be helpful to gather the MADM logs (C:\Program Files\wfavvid\log\MADM on the server who's AppAdmin page you are using) that cover the timeframe of the engine activation.

Thanks,

Brendan

Yes, the Jtapi_2 account is created but nothing was assoicated with it.  I have now associated all the route points with it.  The  71151-71300 is range is clear and not being used by anything.  I have this Thursday schedule for making changes.  I did not know that deactive and reactiving attempts to recreate the ports I will try this.  I am doing this remote, will deactivating and reactivation require disk?

Thanks!  Great Help!

Thanks, worked perfect.