cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 and SQL View

voicewiztim
Level 1
Level 1

Does UCCX7 support SQL Views instead or a table? I see under the DB READ step that I can see all the available Views for the user but I'm getting a SQL connection error when I run reactive debugging. My SQL statement returns 1 row so I know the statement is accurate.

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it does support Views.  In fact, using a view is a valid way around the current limitation of not being able to read records from different tables in one SQL statement.

i.e., This wont work in the editor:

SELECT a.name, b.age FROM people AS a, birthdays AS b WHERE a.name = 'Anthony'

Message was edited by: Anthony Holloway - Wow this forum software really upsets me.

Hi Anthony,

can you please tell me, how to edit the jdbc driver URL in case I use a db view?

My customer gave me access to a view and I can't setup a successful db connection.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Michael

p.s.: In the meantime we're using Rel. 10.6 :- ))

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer.  I would ask that you post this question in your own topic thread for wider visibility and help.

Are you following the instructions mentioned in the below Admin Guide to setup DSN connection:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/config/guide/UCCX_BK_CEC562D1_00_cisco-unified-ccx-administration-guide106.html

BTW which DB server are you using, make sure it is one of the supported one as mentioned in the below Compatibility Matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.6(x)_and_Service_Releases

Regards

Deepak

Hi,

what is the error message you are getting?

Are you able to create the JDBC connection or does it fail, too?

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: