Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX 7 Call gets dropped once agent picks up

I have been troubleshooting a problem for a few weeks now where calls are being dropped as soon as the agent picks up the call. This is happening to various agents happening a few times per day everyday. I have done a reactive debug on the script and it seems to go through to the end ok yet everytime an agent reports a call drop as soon as they pickup, i see the following in the MIVR logs. I have checked the CSS/Partitions of all the CTI ports also.The CCM traces and Q931 traces show normal call clearing:

215269973: Apr 21 14:53:42.306 GMT %MIVR-APP_MGR-7-STEP_FAILURE:Failure to execute a step: Application=App[name=switchboard,type=Cisco Script Application,id=50,desc=switchboard,enabled=true,max=10,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[schema=ApplicationConfig,time=Wed Jan 06 16:44:49 GMT 2010,recordId=67,desc=switchboard,name=switchboard,type=Cisco Script Application,id=50,enabled=true,sessions=10,script=SCRIPT[Switchboard.aef],defaultScript=,vars=null,defaultVars=null]]],Task id=30000147369,Step id=198,Step Class=com.cisco.wf.steps.ivr.TerminateStep,Step Description=Terminate (--Triggering Contact--),Exception=com.cisco.contact.ContactInactiveException: Contact id: 32425, Contact is inactive when getting channel

215373932: Apr 21 15:03:50.012 GMT %MIVR-LIB_EVENT-3-DISPATCH_FAILURE:A failure occured while dispatching an event: Event=com.cisco.call.CallEvent[CALL_ANSWERED,state=CALL_ANSWERED,contactImplId=3672150/2,lastContactImplId=3672150/2,session=Session[id=001-0x55ae8a4c1,parent=null,active=true,state=SESSION_IN_USE,time=1271858629996],lastSession=Session[id=001-0x55ae8a4c1,parent=null,active=true,state=SESSION_IN_USE,time=1271858629996],contactSeqNum=0,lastContactSeqNum=0] on CallContact[id=32462,type=Cisco Agent Call,implId=3672150/2,active=true,state=CALL_ANSWERED,inbound=false,handled=false,locale=en_US,aborting=false,app=null,task=null,session=Session[id=001-0x55ae8a4c1,parent=null,active=true,state=SESSION_IN_USE,time=1271858629996],seqNum=0,time=1271858629996,cn=null,dn=null,cgn=6664,ani=null,dnis=null,clid=null,atype=UNKNOWN,lrd=null,ocn=null,odn=null,uui=null,aniii=null,ced=null] at Wed Apr 21 15:03:50 BST 2010,Event source=CallContact[id=32462,type=Cisco Agent Call,implId=3672150/2,active=true,state=CALL_ANSWERED,inbound=false,handled=false,locale=en_US,aborting=false,app=null,task=null,session=Session[id=001-0x55ae8a4c1,parent=null,active=true,state=SESSION_IN_USE,time=1271858629996],seqNum=0,time=1271858629996,cn=null,dn=null,cgn=6664,ani=null,dnis=null,clid=null,atype=UNKNOWN,lrd=null,ocn=null,odn=null,uui=null,aniii=null,ced=null],Event listener=com.cisco.wf.subsystems.rmcm.ICDContactAdapter@50add0,Exception=java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer

215375195: Apr 21 15:03:55.715 GMT %MIVR-APP_MGR-7-STEP_FAILURE:Failure to execute a step: Application=App[name=switchboard,type=Cisco Script Application,id=50,desc=switchboard,enabled=true,max=10,valid=true,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[schema=ApplicationConfig,time=Wed Jan 06 16:44:49 GMT 2010,recordId=67,desc=switchboard,name=switchboard,type=Cisco Script Application,id=50,enabled=true,sessions=10,script=SCRIPT[Switchboard.aef],defaultScript=,vars=null,defaultVars=null]]],Task id=30000147532,Step id=208,Step Class=com.cisco.wf.steps.ivr.OutputStep,Step Description=Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, WelcomePrompt),Exception=com.cisco.contact.ContactInactiveException: Contact id: 32461, Channel id: 52, Contact is in Terminated/Connected state

I do not have experience with scripting so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated,cheers.

15 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: UCCX 7 Call gets dropped once agent picks up

Hi

Clue is there at the end : Contact is in Terminated/Connected state

CCX thinks that the caller has hung up.

You say you get normal call clearing - you should be able to see which direction the initial 'DISCONNECT' q931 message is (i.e. from the GW point of view, does it start RX or TX?).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Yes i do see Contact is in Terminated/Connected state message quite a few times throughout the log file. To answer your second question, the gateway appears to be receiving a disconnect message,see below:

Apr 19 09:51:10.458: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x000E
    Sending Complete
    Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3
        Standard = CCITT
        Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio
        Transfer Mode = Circuit
        Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
    Channel ID i = 0xA9838E
        Exclusive, Channel 14
    Progress Ind i = 0x8483 - Origination address is non-ISDN 
    Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, 'calling party cli'
        Plan:ISDN, Type:National
    Called Party Number i = 0x81, '6405'
        Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
Apr 19 09:51:10.502: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x800E
    Channel ID i = 0xA9838E
        Exclusive, Channel 14
Apr 19 09:51:10.514: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x800E
    Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available
Apr 19 09:51:10.530: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> CONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x800E
Apr 19 09:51:10.614: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- CONNECT_ACK pd = 8  callref = 0x000E

Apr 19 09:57:50.924: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x000E
    Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing
    Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available
Apr 19 09:57:50.960: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8  callref = 0x800E
Apr 19 09:57:51.012: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x000E

Super Bronze

Hi

There you go then - the external party is disconnecting.

You may still have a problem - for example, if when the transfer from CTI port to agent is happening you get silence as your MoH is unhappy, callers may be thinking they have been disconnected and therefore hanging up.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That could be a strong possibility to be honest, what would be the best way to stop that from happening ?

Also, what do the other errors mean above ie.

1) STEP_FAILURE:Failure to execute a step:

2) Contact is inactive when getting channel

3) A failure occured while dispatching an event:

Thanks for all your help.

Super Bronze

Hi

All those errors are linked. It's a Java thing, when one thing breaks, a big old house of cards comes tumbling down and the results is lots of EXCEPTION entries in the log:

1) STEP_FAILURE:Failure to execute a step:

How could i rule out the MOH issue or prove this is the case. I have made a few test calls in and the time from the call is released from the queue to the time the agent picks up is minimal probably a split second.

Super Bronze

Hi

So are you using auto-answer?

If not, then the answer time will depend on who is picking up the call, whether they are distracted at the time etc..?

If it's consistently quick (i.e. auto answer) then chances are the people just happened to hang up at the time... what percent of calls does this happen to?

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Yes we are using auto-answer and this is happening on average 3-4 times per day. I have also seen this come up a few times in the logs:

195166430: Apr 19 10:57:52.852 GMT %MIVR-LIB_EVENT-5-TOO_LONG_IN_QUEUE:Event queue time exceeded:

Could it possibly be an issue where the call is too long in a queue and the script does not know how to deal with it ?

Super Bronze

Hi

There's danger in taking small snippets of the logs in isolation - that 'queue' message is more likely to refer to a queue of messages (e.g. cti messages or other inter-process comms) rather than callers in queue.

Do those log entries tie in with the occurrences of this problem?

How many contacts per day do you run (to put the 3-4 instances of this into context)?

Aaron

Attached is a dropped call MIVR log from 11:49am this morning.

Super Bronze

Hi

Yep - looks like a remote hang up to me - mentions 'remote' termination (would be 'local' if UCCX dropped it) and I bet if you check your ISDN sig you'll see an RX DISCONNECT first.

So go on - how many contacts a day coming in?

Aaron

On a typical day its around 400-500 calls across 30-40 agents.

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Aaron has led you in the correct direction (as usual). One thing to note is that anytime the call is gone from UCCX's perspective and the script hits any step that ends in (--Triggering Contact--), you will see the ContactInactiveException. This can happen in the following common scenarios:

Select Resource

Connected

Terminate (--Triggering Contact--)

This will throw a ContactInactiveException as the contact is no longer alive in the script because it has transferred to an agent.

Redirect

Successful

This will also throw a ContactInactiveException or the same reason. The call is still alive, but from the UCCX perspective it is no longer in the script as it has been transferred out, either to an agent or the redirect destination.

We recommend the following to avoid this:

Select Resource

Connected

Go To 'End'

Label Terminate

Label End

End

or

Redirect

Successful

Go To 'End'

Label Terminate

Terminate  (--Triggering Contact--)

Label End

End

This should get rid of the ContactInactiveExecptions as it bypasses any (--Triggering Contact--) steps after the call is gone from the script. As soon as the script passes the call off to the agent, UCCX is pretty much out of it. So, you will see ContactInactiveExceptions even if the call continues with the agent. You will also see them if the call immediately drops after being transferred to the agent. What I am trying to say (but probably not very well) is that the call drops and the ContactInactiveExceptions are unrelated.

The ContactInactiveException is the result of the script design whereby you're hitting a (--Triggering Contact--) after the call is gone, and the call drops are because you are receiving disconnects from the PSTN as you can see in the Q931 traces.

We see cases like this from time to time. The best thing to do is to capture one of these occurrences and call the PSTN caller back and ask them what they experienced. Sometimes, they will say they didn't hear MOH so they dropped. Sometimes they say that they heard fast busy so they dropped. At any rate these are not UCCX issues and should be investigated from the CUCM/gateway/provider side.

Hi Ryan,

One question, when the CTI port is ringing the agent's phone to then transfer (reserved state) that call to that agent and the caller hangs up before the agent answer it, does the agent will hear a fast busy tone because that is what the CTI port transfer at the end to the agent? Am I right? if this is it I think there is no way to control this from the UCCX perpective, right?

Gabriel.

Reviewing the  MIVR logs you provide I'm not sure which call your talking about. I see 2 calls with exception messages in the time stamp your saying.

First call:

Apr 22 11:49:11.621 GMT %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:CallID:33466 MediaId:3673987/2 Task:30000153869 com.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRTPInputStoppedEvImpl received

However this call is dropped as per the Jtapi message that the disconnect came from the CCM side however I can see that this call was never assigned to an agent so there should be no miss calls.

As for the second call, I don't have the full picture, as we don't have the offered message of when the call arrives to the system.

Here is a break down of the other call.

Call transferring to assigned agent:
Apr 22 11:49:07.308 GMT %MIVR-SS_RM-7-UNK:RIMgrAddressCallObserver: CallCtlConnInitiatedEv received for call 37228421 [3673989/2] and agent AylwardM

System changed call/agent states to answered/talking
Apr 22 11:49:07.308 GMT %MIVR-SS_CM-7-UNK:AgentCallContact 33468 and implId 3673989/2 moved to Answered state

We now see the exception message:
Apr 22 11:49:07.308 GMT %MIVR-LIB_EVENT-3-DISPATCH_FAILURE:A failure occured while dispatching an event: Event=com.cisco.call.CallEvent

However if you look futher down the call is connected to the agent successfully and in a talking state.
221901300: Apr 22 11:49:15.387 GMT %MIVR-SS_RM-7-UNK:RIMgrAddressCallObserver.callChangedEvent():
CallCtlConnEstablishedEv 3673989/2
Unknown event3673989/2
221901301: Apr 22 11:49:15.387 GMT %MIVR-SS_RM-7-UNK:RIMgrAddressCallObserver: CallCtlConnEstablishedEv received for call:37228421 [3673989/2], address 6656, calling party 6656, and called party 01923821368

Call Dropped as it recieve a disconnect event.
221902844: Apr 22 11:49:24.621 GMT %MIVR-SS_RM-7-UNK:RIMgrAddressCallObserver: TermConnDroppedEv received for call 37228421 [3673989/2] and agent AylwardM

The problem with the above call is that you don't see the CallCtlConnEstablishedEv till 7 seconds later, which is why I suspect you get the exception error, as it never got confirmation the call was delivered.

So my concern here, is if you stated you had a issue with calls getting dropped on the UCCX I would agree and ask you to provide CCM/Jtapi logs from the UCCX.
However you stated that your agents are getting miss calls on their IP phone, I disagree with this point as per the analysis performed.

"One question, when the CTI port is ringing the agent's phone to then transfer (reserved state) that call to that agent and the caller hangs up before the agent answer it, does the agent will hear a fast busy tone because that is what the CTI port transfer at the end to the agent? Am I right? if this is it I think there is no way to control this from the UCCX perspective, right?

Gabriel"

This senario will never happen, as the call would be terminated the moment the other party drops.

Views
Helpful
Replies