Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 : Call Limitation to a queue

stharmal
Level 1
Level 1

I am running UCCX 7 with CUCM and would like to limit the calls to the Queue

Answered calls+ Queueed calls to 20.

Is there anyway I can limit in the script.

Many Thanks

Siva

6 Replies 6

Hi,

How do you treat the 21st number caller? simply drop him after delivering busy tone?

If this is the idea, you can simply use a seperate Call Control Group of 20 CTI ports only and assign the Call Control Group to the particular Trigger.

HTH.

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You should be able to use the Get Reporting Statistic to check the number of calls waiting in the queue. You then use and If statement to check whether this value exceeds 20. If it does then you can dequeue the call, play a prompt and terminate the call (or send to voiucemail etc.).

The script below shows the type of thing you need.

I have attached the script. I have not tested it so it may need some tweaking but it should give you a good start.

Please rate helpful posts

Alternatively, if you didn't want the overflow calls to increment your CSQ metrics (calls presented, calls dequeued, avg hold time, asa, etc.) you could check the contacts waiting metric before you select resource, and not even bother with queuing then immediately dequeuing.

It's preference really, but thought I'd share another perspective.

Anthony,

Good point about checking the contacts before Select Resource step - improves on my suggestion. +5

Hi All,

Thank you for the idea, I have tred the script as below.

But it does not works

Part of that script is attached below.

I have other CSQs as well, so I created this as the Test Script. During the reactive debug I can see the call hit this test script and go through the get eporting statistics but it always hit the "False"Condition.

I made 2 calls both of them are in the queue

much appreciate your assitance.

+5 for james

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: